Joe Vs The World #80: Looking for some Hot Stuff!!!

Wrestlers, promoters, bloggers and podcasters — feel free to plug your stuff here. Sharing is caring.
Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Joe Vs The World #80: Looking for some Hot Stuff!!!

Post by Joe Gagne » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Right click, download

Joe Vs. The World returns with a very special episode! Dylan Hales joins Joe to recap "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert's run in the USWA in 1990. You've seen or heard about Eddie running over Jerry Lawler with a car, but we dive into all of the angles, interviews, and matches that went along with it, as well as the disappointing end. Also featuring appearances from Kowabunga the Ninja Turtle, MC Jammer, and the New Kids!

Best of all, you can follow along too!:

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Re: Joe Vs The World #80: Looking for some Hot Stuff!!!

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 am

Enjoyed the hell out of this, mostly because I've come to truly appreciate what Gilbert did as a wrestler on the mic and how he thought it was a vagabond business and summarily burnt bridges accordingly.

As I tweeted to Dylan, in addition to the Mid South/UWF stuff which is equally great, an underappreciated gem in Gilbert's body of work was the story with Ron Simmons during the run up to the US Tag Title tournament where Gilbert, who is now in the position of reluctant fan favorite is trying hard to win matches the "right" way and go on the straight and narrow while Ron Simmons is Mr. All-American doing it the right way.

The promos to me were the basis of Corino's "I'm a bad person but I'm trying to change" era imo.