WWE NXT 2015

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: WWE NXT 2015

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:56 am

Imagine caring about the intent behind a product instead of just judging it for its entertainment value.

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 am

rovert wrote:Triple H apparently is getting the cheque book out again:
The WWE has been more aggressive of late when it comes to contacting contracted talent in both ROH and Lucha Underground. All the names you'd expect they'd want that are great workers are being contacted, without the previously held "looks" and "size" limitations because the plan is to load up on NXT and they're looking to add lots of new top workers in early 2016 for more extensive touring with what would basically be a WWE branded and WWE production type of show but with ROH level main event matches. A key, as was explained to me, is that Vince McMahon didn't want ROH and TNA talent on the main roster if they were exposed on national cable first, and if they could be merchandised. The issue with ROH talent and is changing was ROH getting on Destination America, which blind sided WWE. But that is not an issue when it comes to that talent working in NXT, where there is more of an emphasis on it being a workrate promotion and the big issue of the ability of the wrestler to pass the background check.
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

2016 Business Plan, brothers
Who can they add any time soon given the contracts? Most people from ROH re-signed this year. The only ones would Bennett and Elgin I guess. Unless they want to throw money at AJ Styles.

Also, Dave brings up the recent Gulak interview, but no new info.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:06 pm

What's the over/under that La Sombra is shown at ringside with Sarah Stock on the NXT London or the NXT UCF tapings?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Manuel Alfonso Andrade Oropeza, of Mexico City, has signed with NXT and WWE, joining the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.

Formerly known as “La Sombra,” Oropeza is a third-generation luchador whose grandfather, father, uncles and cousins all competed in Mexico. Oropeza signed with Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) in 2007 at age 17, where he trained under El Satanico. While there, he held many titles, including the CMLL Trio and Tag Team titles and the NWA Welterweight and Middleweight titles.

The WWE Performance Center’s newest luchador also brings experience from Japan; Oropeza made multiple trips to Japan for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), winning the organization’s Intercontinental Championship in 2013.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
Manuel Alfonso Andrade Oropeza, of Mexico City, has signed with NXT and WWE, joining the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.

Formerly known as “La Sombra,” Oropeza is a third-generation luchador whose grandfather, father, uncles and cousins all competed in Mexico. Oropeza signed with Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) in 2007 at age 17, where he trained under El Satanico. While there, he held many titles, including the CMLL Trio and Tag Team titles and the NWA Welterweight and Middleweight titles.

The WWE Performance Center’s newest luchador also brings experience from Japan; Oropeza made multiple trips to Japan for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), winning the organization’s Intercontinental Championship in 2013.
My timing is impeccable.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:38 pm

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:42 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:[img]http://i.wwe9.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2015/11/20151118_LIGHT_WWEPC_NewRecruit_HP.jpg[/img]
Now I might cry. It's real dammit. Haven't been this excited for a signing since KENTA. I just hope he doesn't get injured like him.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Bayley doing LOS INGOBERNABLES would be the peak of all wrestling.

H.U.S.T.L.E.

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Woo boy, the possibility of "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" showing up on NXT TV is getting me excited. Aries has been awesome for a long time, and hopefully he'll get a chance to run with the ball in NXT.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:51 pm

BALOR VS. ARIES NOW DAMMIT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW~!

slackermillionaire

Post by slackermillionaire » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Has anyone heard if the WWE would have any interested in Chris Hero? When he was let go, NXT was a different beast to what it is now. I could be wrong but I got the sense that Hero's look at the time, was not what they wanted for the main roster. It seemed like he was on good terms with the trainers there and could be someone who would fit nicely in NXT 2016.

NoLoudNoise

Post by NoLoudNoise » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm

supersonic wrote:BALOR VS. ARIES NOW DAMMIT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW~!
Two ok workers

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Of the three ex-TNA names at tapings I figure Gunner would be the name who may end with this turning into a full time spot. He's somebody they can take and mold into their own.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 pm

themib wrote:Bayley doing LOS INGOBERNABLES would be the peak of all wrestling.
Imagine Izzy sitting in the front row wearing a silver mask like the one Naito wears.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:09 am

slackermillionaire wrote:Has anyone heard if the WWE would have any interested in Chris Hero? When he was let go, NXT was a different beast to what it is now. I could be wrong but I got the sense that Hero's look at the time, was not what they wanted for the main roster. It seemed like he was on good terms with the trainers there and could be someone who would fit nicely in NXT 2016.
The word at the time was HHH telling Hero to get himself in shape and call them back. I always read that at the time as "prove to us you're committed" and less so about what his body actually looked like.