A Week of Watching Way Too Much Wrestling-a log

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

A Week of Watching Way Too Much Wrestling-a log

Post by mlev76 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Figured I'd watch as much of this "premiere week" as I can without getting divorced, going insane or not getting any work done.

So, here's my tentative schedule and i will log my thoughts all week long.

Monday-Raw
Tuesday-Impact PPV replay
Wednesday-NXT and some AEW
Thursday-Any remaining AEW and Uncharted Territory
Friday-Smackdown
Saturday-205 Live and MLW
Sunday-Hell in a Cell.

I'm sure this will be fine...

mlev76

Re: A Week of Watching Way Too Much Wrestling-a log

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Monday Night Raw
9/30/19

Overall Thoughts: They definitely leaned heavily into the concept of this as a season premiere with all the changes to the set, announcing and pyro. There were also a lot of new angles started,most notably the build for the Team Hogan vs. Team Flair match at the Saudi Blood Money show, a potential Rey/Brock feud and Lashley/Rusev. I have to wonder if the first and last ones are going to be intertwined by Rusev already being on Team Hogan. The wrestling itself was mostly fine with the AJ/Cedric match being the best match of the bunch, but nothing being bad with the exception of Natalya/Lacey. They built Sasha/Becky well, not as much Seth/Fiend, so I wonder if the former will be the actual main event for HITC. Speaking of which, no new matches were announced. They are less than a week out and have only three matches announced. Gonna be a very interesting Smackdown with regard to that.

The good: The Brock/Rey segment, Cedric/AJ
The bad: Lacey/Natalya, Lawler on commentary
The ugly: If there weren't already two existing storylines about male wrestlers having marital issues, I'd have probably been fine with the closing angle. But, a third one was definitely unneeded. Can't say it was good or bad until I see what comes next, but they are doing everything they can to break Lana and Rusev up for real. That much I am sure of.

mlev76

Re: A Week of Watching Way Too Much Wrestling-a log

Post by mlev76 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 am

Impact Homecoming
10/1/19 (replay)

Overall Thoughts: I had watched one match from Impact this year, the LAX/Lucha Bros match from this show, so I came in with a pretty clean slate and having basically not tried to follow it regularly due to not having Pursuit. Figured I'd give it a shot on AXS and from top to bottom, this was a fun show. They had some current cut aways with Josh Matthews and Scott D'amore which was a nice touch and helped to hype the re-debut later this month as well as Bound for Glory. I think having this and two other pay-per-views being the lead in to Bound for Glory makes a lot of sense to me and with a show as consistent as this one, it was hard to dislike any of it. The one negative was that quite a few of the people on the show are done with Impact, so it wasn't a completely accurate reflection of the current product. Not a huge negative, but not great.

The good: Ultimate X, Moose/Eddie, Sami/Willie and the Main Event
The bad: Not so much bad as it was kinda of pointless to watch the Monster's Ball seeing as one guy is gone and the other isn't an active wrestler anymore.
The ugly: Really nothing