NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
BlizzardAcolyte

Re: NJPW (Discussion)

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Looking at today's results...God, I hope that the main event was a carbon copy of the NYC match and those poor Stateside saps had merely been the house show guinea pigs. Also enjoying that our glorious NEVER trios champs are basically starting to pile up creampuff defenses on some truly pitiful sets of challengers.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Not having Dragon Lee really hurt the Super Junior Tag Tournament. I have next to no interest in it this year. I'll probabbly watch the two Kouraken Hall shows but that's about it. I think moving up Shingo hurt the tourney as well. Shingo & Bushi would have had me more interested as well. Seems like I'm checking out of New Japan earlier then I normally do for the year. :lol:

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:32 am

Looking at the WTL field, some quick thoughts:
- love Tanahashi continuing his streak of teaming with partners who aren't worth a damn. He and Goto as the BILLION POWERS seems like forever ago now
- I've never seen Finlay as anything more than lower mid-carder, so it's gonna be weird and kinda cringey to see FinJuice get as much of a run this time around as I suspect they'll get
- also love how LIJ, aligned for so long with Rush, have now brought into the fold, someone who was his CMLL rival for years (at least when I was actively following lucha). Guess Shingo's gonna be treading water for a while with not much to do...
- If it wasn't for my blatant Suzuki-gun bias, Yano/Cabana would no question be my sentimental pick to take this: I enjoy the stchick, Cabana is probably bust out some new material with so many relatively fresh matchups, and it frees Ishii up to...well, have a shitty partner. Oh well
- My God, the 2011 winners return to wreck some more shit! And hey, Dangerous Tekkas are back too! Either one of these fucking teams should be the ones to take this, better than any singles ideas the booking probably has in mind for all four of them...but again, Suzuki-gun bias
- it is probably a testament to how "just there" GOD is overall that I had to actually look at the field twice before realizing that they are there. It is also a testament to just how discombobulated the heavyweight tag division is here that they still are somehow the seventh- or eighth-most interesting team in this field
- it seems like Cobb's ongoing campaign to just get signed full-time already continues...although it would be funny if this actually led to Nicholls getting loaned to ROH for a spell; not like anyone would miss him here, at this point