Ring of Honor (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Stank of Honor

Re: Ring of Honor (Discussion)

Post by Stank of Honor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm

So did anyone enjoy the ROH shows this weekend? Crowd on Saturday in Atlanta was excellent. Vuvuzuela horns in effect, air horns all loud...easily the best crowd they’ve had in years. The energy actually carried over into the broadcast and made everything better, except the Allure match. About to start Concord event now but figured I’d ask as Maybe things can be positive in 2020 for this company.

DXvsNWO

Re: Ring of Honor (Discussion)

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:22 am

I was sort of half-watching the Atlanta show (can't take your eyes off the NFL playoffs). From what I saw, there were some very good matches on that show. Also noticed the significant presence of Lucha fans in the crowd for that show. Not sure if that's just an Atlanta thing (I know there used to be a lucha promotion in Georgia that brought in big names), or the sign of a bigger trend, but maybe they can finally start taking advantage of the Mexican wrestlers they have under contract, in terms of marketing.

Obviously the Marty Scurll news is the big story right out the gate for ROH this year, and honestly, I feel like this last week has been a very positive one for ROH. Being able to re-sign Scurll, the booking change, signing Bandido again, and the apparent reigniting of relationship that had ended previously (the NWA), or were on life support (New Japan). A lot of good signs to start off, and I'm more interested in ROH right now than I was for most of 2019.