Re: WWE (Discussion)

Post by mlev76 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:14 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:13 am
mlev76 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:06 am
cbacon87 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 am
As someone who's been watching a bunch of ECW recently, I can't think of a single example of a promiscuous female turning on her man and linking up with someone else under Heyman's watch. I certainly haven't just sat through weeks of Gertner insinuating Francine is cheating on Tommy with Raven, only for her to actually ditch Tommy for Raven for, like, three weeks, before ditching him for Justin Credible, which I'm sure turns out great for both of them.
Then there was the whole Sandman/Raven thing where they use Sandman's own child and wife to turn on him. Heyman loves that shit
Raven stealing Sandman's wife and kid...but he wasn't really cucking Sandman, to be fair.
Also, Tommy Dreamer stealing Beulah from Raven

These aren't quite like Vince's obsession with having these in real life spouses emasculate their husbands on TV. I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but this the THIRD(?) on screen angle of this nature involving Rusev and Lana alone...
It's either the second or third. Though i don't think this is about emasculating Rusev as much as they really hate Lana. I assume she only has a job is because they know how valuable Rusev is even if they don't book him to his maximum potential

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 am

so...good main event huh?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:11 am

This company led off a new era in wrestling with...

A cuckold angle at the end of RAW.
An everybody in the pool angle at the end of NXT.
Debut of Cain Velasquez on Smackdown (this was good, to be fair...but Cain + Gypsy King seems like they unloaded all they really got in the chamber in one night).
The Fiend winning a Hell in a Cell match via DQ in one of the dumbest, weirdest, most ineffective matches you will ever see ending Hell in a Cell.

I'm not sure how this new era of WWE will fare long term, but at the end beginning of the Monday Night Wars, the WWE openly mocks how dumb that sh!t was today. I assume they'll do the same in time when they tell this story. This is all a bunch of nonsense and they have to dramatically change up what they do.

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:28 pm

WWE is a bad product outside of NXT

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:11 pm

That Hell in a Cell ending is one of the dumbest endings in recent wrestling history. These guys were hitting each other with all kinds of stuff, then the referee has to get involved and give Seth this moral dilemma and call for the bell. It made absolutely zero sense from how the match was wrestled. Also, was this a DQ or a ref stoppage?

Bray was this unstoppable monster who took every move and kept kicking out right away. He ends up not winning the title for some mystifying reason. If they want Bray to be this stone cold killer, he should have just destroyed Rollins and won. It would be way more fun to watch guys try different things to beat The Fiend to find his weaknesses, instead this is going to continue for some reason.

The Fiend was WWE’s hot property and they badly damaged it last night. I wonder if they’ll do the right thing next time around (hires Ron Howard to narrate for future event).

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:01 pm