WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:14 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm
Charlotte's best match probably is on the level/slightly worse than Sasha's match with Becky (which are below the two Bayley matches).
I'm going to say this was probably Charlotte's best personal performance if not match only because of the casting and style (I didn't think much of Ronda in the match so best match overall is a stretch, but for Charlotte, it was hers)

Babyface Charlotte relies too much on choreography, graceful dives, set pieces. As a babyface, you can't get behind her because her size is so dominant versus anyone on the roster (which is why they need to build killers like Ronda and Asuka, or sign Madison Eagles for a short run).

Her being "heelish" (and I think they think she is, when really, people love fights and tough wrestlers, even women) and working a more grinding style fits Charlotte a bit more.

I think the Mania triple threat and the Sasha title losses are her best matches, but relied on the high spot a bit too much. this one was more like her old man and it worked better.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:32 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm
BoxingRobes wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 pm
Charlotte Flair...best in-ring resume of all main roster members in 2018? Asuka at Mania, Becky at Evolution, and Ronda at Survivor Series matches are three of my - probably - top five matches of the main roster all year?

Hot take? Cold take?
I'd put Rollins above her, but her peaks are higher. She had a lot of meandering and bad stuff post Mania until Summerslam, so if you value consistency over top moments, it can't be her. If peaks matter more, a case can certainly be made.
I HIGHLY value peak, especially in the E...where, as we've discussed in another thread...because of a litany of reasons, the working floor is LOOOOOOW.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 pm

supersonic wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:32 am
How do those 3 matches compare to Sasha’s 3 MOTYC Takeover gems from 2015?
All of the Charlotte matches are incredibly different. Not only from one another, but from the Sasha matches.

Charlotte-Ronda was probably the most unique, stiff women's match I've ever seen in the E. The Becky match at Evolution was likely the best women's plunder match I've seen in the E.

Meanwhile, I thought Sasha v. Becky was better bell-to-bell workrate.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:19 am

So I hear there are rumors AJ maybe leaving?

H.U.S.T.L.E.

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:36 pm

I think Bryan has always been a bit underrated on the mic, but he really delivered in his Smackdown promo.

While Bryan has always been excellent as a heel during various points of his career, I'll withhold judgment until I see how it plays out this time. The pieces are there for a really great run, but modern WWE books heels so poorly I have very little faith that they'll use him correctly. If they let him do his thing, they really have something with him.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I really hope D-Bry brings back "I have until FIVE, referee!"

HPJoker

Post by HPJoker » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:47 pm

This entire promotion is a countdown until they fuck up Becky Lynch and that is it.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=122043

I honestly thought he'd hold out, so I'm curious of the contours of his deal. Coupled with today's news about WWE UK restructuring their contracts, gonna be a bloody year for Europe and the Indies in 2019.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:43 am

So Jonah Rock is one of the new signings he will join his TMDK stable mates in Big Dick Nick Miller and Shane Haste
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm

they want it all...wow

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 am

I will say...despite the narrative about Asuka being put in the backseat and now more of a comedy act, she's basically bookended two of the bigger women's main events and was standing tall at the end of the event.

Would like to see them get behind her strong again. Undefeated Asuka versus Ronda was such a good fantasy matchup.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 am
I will say...despite the narrative about Asuka being put in the backseat and now more of a comedy act, she's basically bookended two of the bigger women's main events and was standing tall at the end of the event.

Would like to see them get behind her strong again. Undefeated Asuka versus Ronda was such a good fantasy matchup.
Both her and Charlotte got stuck with untenable feuds with Carmella. I think Carmella could have been a quick transitional champ to get the female MITB shtick over, but they held on way too long and both women suffered.

There is a real need for both brands to do more 'non-title' women's feuds like Riott/Nattie so that those not in the title picture don't drift so much.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 pm

I am not going to be surprised if Becky/Charlotte come out and cause Rousey to lose the Women's Title next week... and build up even more to 4 Horsewomen vs 4 Horsewomen.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

I am curious when they want to pull the trigger on a Horsewomen v Horsewomen feud

What is remarkable about the women's division is that they were THIS close to falling down their usual self-dug grave of cramming a Vince fav down our throats while burying a fan fav a few months ago with Charlotte/Becky at Summerslam. Charlotte won, Becky was supposed to turn heel, and we'd have "babyface that no one wants" against "heel that everyone loves". Roman Reigns all over again

Instead, in a totally out of character move that was probably mostly luck, they actually leaned into the massive pops for Becky, let her be an absolute ass-kicker; they didn't try to make Charlotte too sympathetic, they even didn't go too far in Charlotte "copying Becky" when Charlotte stepped against Ronda. Along the way, they recognized Asuka getting massive pops and worked her in and made her super fucking strong as well. Now #SDL has three women that are ALL over, and really, are any of them traditional faces? Maybe Asuka? Otherwise, they're three talented competitors being treated like stars all with a prize they're fighting over, AND there's an attached feud against Ronda Rousey for Becky and Charlotte

They could easily have multiple main event level Mania matches out of this if they integrate the horsewomen.
Becky v Ronda HAS to main event Mania, and the path is SUPER simple. Ronda holds the Raw belt until Mania and kills folks along the way, perhaps with the help of Shyna and co. Becky wins the rumble, eliminating Nia for the final victory. Becky v Ronda face off. Light that shit on fire.

Charlotte vs. Asuka II works for me

If they bring Shayna up quickly enough, I am all for Charlotte v Bayzler, or Asuka v Bayzler

the trick is whether they can ALSO rope in the Bayley and Sasha and re-heat them using this burbling volcano

I would not be complaint about about Baylzer, Jessamyn, Shafir vs Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley if they protect that matchup until mania and build up the MMA horsewomen

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 am

Horsewomen v. Horsewomen is seemingly coming...would guess Survivor Series next year...

Think you need to run through a lot of the singles angles...think you need Shayna to run her course in NXT, which has new life with Marina and Duke getting TV work now...then you need the pieces to come together on TV. Its clear they are building to that, but it'll take a while.