Round 1: Kevin Owens (3) vs Dragon Lee (14)

Kevin Owens (3) vs Dragon Lee (14)

(3) Kevin Owens
75%
(14) Dragon Lee
25%

Total votes: 119

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Round 1: Kevin Owens (3) vs Dragon Lee (14)

Post by Rob McCarron » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Ric Flair Region - Round 1

Kevin Owens (3) vs Dragon Lee (14)
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

cherrylimeaid

Re: Round 1: Kevin Owens (3) vs Dragon Lee (14)

Post by cherrylimeaid » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 am

I suspect if I saw more Dragon Lee matches than his Kamatatchi rivalry this would be a lot closer.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Dragon Lee is an odd choice if this is supposed to be the US section. That being said I will actually vote for him. While Owens is no slouch Dragon Lee's series with Kamaitachi blows anything Owens has done this year out of the water. He is also more important to CMLL, who seems on the verge of breaking through to Main Event status at a very young age. Owens had a very promising start and seemed poised of moving straight into a Main Event/Upper Midcard slot in WWE he has since been relegated to the hellhole that is the WWE midcard.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:28 pm

One man just put on a five star match and finished perhaps the best feud in many years. The other is a good wrestler having above-average or good matches. On the average night, Dragon Lee is better. On their best nights, Dragon Lee is considerably better. I don't think this is even close if we're looking as of "right now."

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:07 pm

CheezeWhiz wrote:One man just put on a five star match and finished perhaps the best feud in many years. The other is a good wrestler having above-average or good matches. On the average night, Dragon Lee is better. On their best nights, Dragon Lee is considerably better. I don't think this is even close if we're looking as of "right now."
The voters seem to disagree!
van Fair wrote:Dragon Lee is an odd choice if this is supposed to be the US section.
It's North America, not just US. Thanks for participating!

I can give you a hint, Kamaitachi shows up in another region so there will be another chance to show support for their great series.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

JML

Post by JML » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I voted for Dragon Lee. Dude has been killing it from the Kamaitachi feud, his six man work and the match with Rey Horus last week if we are going off of 2016 alone.

cherrylimeaid

Post by cherrylimeaid » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 am

Good arguments for Dragon Lee. Almost makes me want to change my vote. If his body of work was well better known other than the Kamaitachi feud I feel the voting might be different. As uneducated as it might be I'm staying with Owens (not that I could change it now if I wanted to)

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:56 pm

My vote for Owens was based on my greater exposure to him and seeing the complete package. From every perspective, he shines and while everything I've seen from Dragon Lee has very good to great, I'm not sure I'm seeing the equivalent of the weekly matches that fill Owens resume.