VOW G1 Climax 27 Pick'Em (Standings & Discussion)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW G1 Climax 27 Pick'Em (Standings & Discussion)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:25 pm

For the fourth consecutive year, Voices of Wrestling is hosting a NJPW G1 Climax Pick'Em contest. For our first-timers, welcome, this may seem overwhelming at first but you'll get the hang of it quickly, we promise.

Like prior year's G1 Climax contents, you'll pick every single G1 Climax tournament match, determine who you think will win (or if there's a draw) and select your G1 Climax 27 Block winners and runner-ups.

We've included a cheat sheet (downloadable at http://www.goo.gl/H4wRg2) that will show the progress as you make your picks on the Google Form. This will make it easier for you to determine who you have taking home the top spot in each block and how your scoring will look when you've made all your picks.

Please read all these rules carefully. While we're available to take questions throughout the week on Twitter (@VoicesWrestling) or on our forums (voicesofwrestling.com/forums), this is a huge tournament with a large number of participants. We may not get to every single question or issue, so, again, please read these carefully and make sure you understand the process before contacting us.

Throughout the process, we'll calculate your points and give updates throughout the tournament at voicesofwrestling.com and voicesofwrestling.com/forums.

At the end of the grueling G1 Climax 27 tournament, we'll crown a grand pick'em champion. That champion and those who come in second and third in total point will receive package of gifts from our gracious contest sponsors Gaijin Collectibles (http://gaijincollectibles.com) and Jeff Martin (HEAT & Wrestlemon Comic).

Rules

Note that we will ONLY accept entries completed through this Google Form. You can use the downloadable cheat sheet to help make your picks but we will only calculate picks through this Google Form. We cannot accept ballots or entries any other way.

Only one entry per person. Sign-ups will continue until Day 1 of the tournament (July 17).

Points/Scoring Breakdown

You will receive 1 point if you pick the correct match-up winner OR if you pick a draw correctly.

5 points for G1 Climax 27 Winner
3 points for G1 Climax 27 Runner-up
3 points for G1 Climax 27 A Block and B Block Winners
2 points for G1 Climax 27 A Block and B Block Runner-up

Prizes

1st Place - A prize package from Gaijin Collectibles & free copies of Jeff Martin's HEAT & Wrestlemon comics (with sketches included)
2nd Place - A prize package from Gaijin Collectibles & a free copy of Jeff Martin's Wrestlemon comic (with sketch)
3rd Place - A prize package from Gaijin Collectibles & a free copy of Jeff Martin's Wrestlemon comic
Exclusive Discounts

Our friends at Gaijin Collectibles are also offering an exclusive discount to participants of VOW's G1 Climax Pick'Em contest. Save an extra 15% off when you spend $30 or more — visit http://www.goo.gl/7Fe4oq to take advantage of this great deal.

Pick'Em Form (Google)

Make your picks using our Google Form at http://www.goo.gl/forms/nGPT9oGN9nMz9nSY2. Good luck!

Stavros

Re: VOW G1 Climax 27 Pick'Em

Post by Stavros » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:41 am

Thanks Rich. Now I just have to choose whether to go safe and finish middle of the pack or go slightly mad with my scenarios and guarantee a top place finish.

I've been agonising about this since last night. I want to be a genius like last time predicting Kenny Omega!

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 am

I went with the mad scenario. Thus begins a month of regret.

I will say at this point I think Naito is the obvious choice but I went another direction because it's a better shot at me winning this thing if it does happen.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:32 pm

This is officially our biggest contest ever. Thanks everyone :)

throwstuff165

Post by throwstuff165 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Quick question: How will y'all score the Runner-Up for one of the blocks if two guys tie? As in, they went to a draw against each other and ended with the same amount of points in a tie for second place behind the block winner.

realmansman

Post by realmansman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:42 pm

I just submitted my entry, but realized I had my B Block Runner-Up math off.Is there a way to email the change or do I need to resubmit my form?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: VOW G1 Climax 27 Pick'Em (Standings & Discussion)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Standings After Night 1 (July 17):

Google Docs View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

raintrigger

Post by raintrigger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Hell yeah! Made it through day 1

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:18 am

Holy bats, that's a lot of people. 536 places in till hopefully prediction victory.

throwstuff165

Post by throwstuff165 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 am

Pretty sure I went 5/5 on the first night of 2015 and 2016.

2/5 this time around. Doesn't bode very well.

galactiva_phantom

Post by galactiva_phantom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 am

hmm that when better than I expect myself

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 am

If you wouldn't mind, could you check if my points (1/5) is correct? On my cheatsheet I had two winners (ZSJ and Naito), I understand that I may have in put my winners incorrectly on the application tho. My names PhilOC.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:36 pm

1/5. If Juice is getting wins this early I'm worried I have limited feel for the booking this time around.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Statoke wrote:If you wouldn't mind, could you check if my points (1/5) is correct? On my cheatsheet I had two winners (ZSJ and Naito), I understand that I may have in put my winners incorrectly on the application tho. My names PhilOC.
Here's what you submitted:
Hiroshi Tanahashi Tetsuya Naito Yuji Nagata Togi Makabe Tomohiro Ishii

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Standings After Night 2 (July 20):

Google Docs view: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing