Nihon ni Ikimasu: A series about traveling to Japan for wrestling

IIDXias

Nihon ni Ikimasu: A series about traveling to Japan for wrestling

Post by IIDXias » Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to start a forum thread on my new series, Nihon ni Ikimasu, so you guys could offer any questions or suggestions for the series here! As stated in the articles, the goal is to provide you with as much information as possible to help you plan a trip to Japan to watch professional wrestling.

So far I have released these articles (will continue to update as more are posted):
Part 1: General overview and tips on costs
Part 2: How to get around in Japan, extensive train system information, Tokyo venue information

Thanks, hope you enjoy them!

gbogard

Re: Nihon ni Ikimasu: A series about traveling to Japan for wrestling

Post by gbogard » Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Thanks for doing this!

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm

This will be very useful come January! Thanks!

Tazzmanmountain

Post by Tazzmanmountain » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 am

Does the author still post here? Am finally going to stop procrastinating and organise a trip to Japan. Was hoping he would continue his articles, particularly around the purchasing of tickets for shows.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:15 am

This was superbly useful in sorting transport and picking locations. However if I went again I'd stick just with a hotel. I wound up getting a dose of legionella at my airbnb and it wiped out one day of the trip (powered through the rest) and killed my appetite for weeks. Beware air conditioning issues! If possible at least rent digs owned by a company. In reality a decent airbnb isnt much more than a standard chain hotel, and you get a decent breakfast at the hotel.

Other than that good stuff.

RE tickets just try and go through English speaking talent on the shows, they'll hook you up. New Japan and Dragon Gate would be the more complicated ones. And beware those lawson ticket machines, they're a little tricky, although it got tickets out of them a couple of times. Noah and Tokyo Joshi Pro I just walked up to the box office on the day. Bit lucky with both as they nearly sold out Korakuen but got in.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 am

Tazzmanmountain wrote:Does the author still post here? Am finally going to stop procrastinating and organise a trip to Japan. Was hoping he would continue his articles, particularly around the purchasing of tickets for shows.
The author is John, the host of wresting omakaze. Hit him up on Twitter @toshanshuinLA , sure he'll be happy to answer questions.