Best drawing japanese company of 2016

rfcsa

Best drawing japanese company of 2016

Post by rfcsa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Hey, I'm a bit of a numbers freak, and have had too much free time in my job this days, so I went and did this:

My source was http://www.wrestlingdata.com , and I analysed all the shows of what I understand are the six biggest wrestling promotions in Japan.

To read my analysis go here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eXl ... sp=sharing

Give me your feedback! Do you think it's accurate? Would you like to see more of this?

Anything you don't understand, just ask.
Hope you enjoy ;)
Last edited by rfcsa on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PKThree

Re: Best drawing japanese company of 2016

Post by PKThree » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 pm

My one feedback for future work is to use multiple sources to ensure the numbers are as legitimate as possible.

You could crosscheck the Wrestlingdata numbers with the numbers on cagematch and purolove, who also list attendances to ensure correctness. I know that with All Japan you can get their numbers straight from them since they announce it on their own website when they post event/show results. Unsure on the other companies tho.

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

I can immediately tell that the numbers for NJPW, NOAH and AJPW are off, there are shows that you didn't count, so your NJPW total is off by like 70,000.

rfcsa

Post by rfcsa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:14 am

Thank for your feedback, I'm already working on improving this. I know the data isn't completely accurate, since I was working more on reaching a definit criteria than accutually gathering the correct data. For that purpose wrestlingdata would be fine as a sample at least. I'll check your suggestions and comeback would better stats next time.