NJPW 2016 Year-in-Review eBook (Feedback & Discussion)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

NJPW 2016 Year-in-Review eBook (Feedback & Discussion)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:27 pm

It's coming back! Work is currently being done behind the scenes on the 2016 version of our NJPW Year-in-Review eBooks (links to previous year's at the bottom of this post).

I want this thread to act as a catch-all for news and updates about the book but also for feedback. For those of you who purchased, downloaded and read prior years — what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you like to see more of? Less of? What would you be interested in us adding?

Other questions would be how much you'd pay for the book should we add a set price (we aren't thinking of it but it's good data for us), if there's other formats you'd like to see the book in. Really anything you can give us in regards to the book whether positive, negative, constructive or not would be fantastic. Thanks!

2014: https://payhip.com/b/pLRE
2015: https://payhip.com/b/Y7Ru

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Voices of Wrestling NJPW 2016 Year in Review

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Voices of Wrestling's NJPW 2016 Year in Review is a detailed look at New Japan Pro Wrestling in 2016.

This massive book features profiles of every wrestler and tag that played a significant role in the company's year, longform essays from regular Voices of Wrestling columnists and guests, detailed statistics and biographical information for each wrestler as well as a review of every 2016 NJPW show. Additional sections include title histories, tournament recaps and much more.

Download on Payhip (Name Your Own Price)

https://payhip.com/b/H9Uh

Download on Amazon

Coming Soon

suplexberry

Re: Voices of Wrestling NJPW 2016 Year in Review

Post by suplexberry » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:09 am

Reading this over brunch before work. Favorites so far:

- Chris Charlton's essay calling out Kidani for speaking so patronizingly about women fans. Women can, and do, like different things.

- Matt McLean's NJPW Dads essay. Brilliantly summed up some of the best, most unexpected angles of the year.

- Andrew Rich's epic BONE SOLDIER profile.

ch3cooh

Post by ch3cooh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Loved everything I've read so far. Just one thing that stuck in my craw.

It's Hiromu not Himoru

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:31 pm

ch3cooh wrote:Loved everything I've read so far. Just one thing that stuck in my craw.

It's Hiromu not Himoru
Hey, 800 pages when it's just a hobby... bound to be a few mistakes here and there. :lol:

We've jotted down a few typos and will correct them in a new update sometime over the next few weeks. Thanks.

ch3cooh

Post by ch3cooh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:27 pm

And it's brutal on something like this with all the Japanese names. Might as well turn spell check off so your computer doesn't catch fire

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:49 pm

The number of times it asked if I wanted Taichi to be Tai Chi almost made me stab my eyes out.

ch3cooh

Post by ch3cooh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:The number of times it asked if I wanted Taichi to be Tai Chi almost made me stab my eyes out.

Weirzbowski

Re: NJPW 2016 Year-in-Review eBook (Feedback & Discussion)

Post by Weirzbowski » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 am

Hey guys I'm really enjoying the book. Only have been watching NJPW since Omega won the G1 and your book has been filling in the gaps on a lot of the stuff I missed or didn't understand about their business.
1st sub to the VOW patreon. @berkatron

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: NJPW 2016 Year-in-Review eBook (Feedback & Discussion)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Weirzbowski wrote:Hey guys I'm really enjoying the book. Only have been watching NJPW since Omega won the G1 and your book has been filling in the gaps on a lot of the stuff I missed or didn't understand about their business.
Glad you've enjoyed it and welcome to the forums! Let us know if you have any other questions or things you need clarification on.