G1 Climax 26 Pick'Em Contest (Sign-Up & More Details)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:59 am

Back again!

Voices of Wrestling is once again hosting a New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Climax Pick’Em contest. For those who entered last year or have entered any of our other recent pick’em contests (Best of the Super Juniors or New Japan Cup), you’ll be familiar with the format. For our first-timers, welcome, this may seem overwhelming at first but you’ll get the hang of it quickly!

Like last year, we aren’t simply going to be picking who will win or be the runner-up in each block, no, we’re going to make you pick every single G1 Climax tournament match, determine who you think will win (or if there’s a draw) in addition to your G1 Climax 26 Block winners and runner-ups.

This year we’ve included a handy cheat sheet (downloadable at bit.ly/VOWG126-Cheatsheet) that will show the progress as you make your picks on the Google Form. This will make it easier for you to determine who you have taking home the top spot in each block, how your scoring will look when you’ve made all your picks, etc. It’ll make the picking process far easier so be sure to download it.

Please read all these rules carefully. While we’re available to take questions throughout the week on Twitter (@VoicesWrestling) or on our forums (voicesofwrestling.com/forums), this is a huge tournament with lots of participants. We may not get to every single question or issue, so, again, please read these carefully and make sure you understand the process before contacting us.

Throughout the process, we’ll calculate your points, give updates throughout the tournament at voicesofwrestling.com and voicesofwrestling.com/forums. At the end of the grueling G1 Climax tournament, we’ll crown a grand pick’em champion. That champion will receive tremendous gift from our contest sponsor IVPvideos.com. (Details on that below)

RULES

Note that we will ONLY accept entries completed through this Google Form. You can use the downloadable cheat sheet to help make your picks but we will only calculate picks through this Google Form. We cannot accept ballots or entries any other way.

Only one entry per person. Sign-ups will continue until Day 1 of the tournament (July 18)

POINTS/SCORING BREAKDOWN

You will receive 1 point if you pick the correct match-up winner OR if you pick a draw correctly.

5 points for G1 Climax 26 Winner
3 points for G1 Climax 26 Runner-up
3 points for G1 Climax 26 A Block and B Block Winners
2 points for G1 Climax 26 A Block and B Block Runner-up

PRIZES

1st Place – 5 free discs & free PuroBox from IVPvideos.com
2nd Place – 5 free discs from IVPvideos.com
3rd Place – 3 free discs from IVPvideos.com

COUPON CODE

IVPVideos is also sponsoring a 25% off coupon code! Simply use code “VOICES” when checking out at ivpvideos.com to take advantage of this tremendous offer. Note: This offer is not valid on purchases of IVPVideo PuroBoxes.

Good luck!

Sign-up and make your picks now using our Google form located at http://bit.ly/VOWG126-Picks.

dmahady

Re: G1 Climax 26 Pick'Em Contest (Sign-Up & More Details)

Post by dmahady » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Just put in my picks. Had my spreadsheet made and ready for a little while.

So damn excited!

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:43 pm

dmahady wrote:Just put in my picks. Had my spreadsheet made and ready for a little while.

So damn excited!
Good luck! Thanks for participating. Tell your friends :D

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Sat down to do my pick'ems and realised I had no idea who was going to win anything. Normally I can at least pin down the most likely block winners but even that feels like it could be almost anyone. Easily the hardest to predict G1 in years. I'm playing it safe with a Tanahashi-Naito final but who knows how it'll end up going.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 am

never mind, fixed it

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:07 am

dmahady wrote:Just put in my picks. Had my spreadsheet made and ready for a little while.

So damn excited!
I did exactly the same thing! Had to adjust my spreadsheet though when Kojima was replaced by Tenzan.

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Just send my pics in,
I have Marufuji winning with 12 points while Okada and Tana are the runner ups with 11 points.

In Bock B I have Naito winning a head to head Duell with Shibata thanks to the match against EVIL, where it would be plosible for Naito to interfere helping his buddy to beat Shibata
Call me leon

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Do we get a confirmation e-mail of any kind when we complete the Pick Em sheet and submit? Because I did the same for BOSJ and when the points came out I was completely left out of the contest. Didn't get an e-mail this time around either.

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:42 am

Just turned in mine. After reverse engineering my way through the booking, I ended up with Naito (14 points) beating Tanahashi (14 points) in the final with Shibata (14 points) and Okada (12 points)as the respective runner ups. If Naito/Okada is the endgame for the Dome, I thought a repeat of the 2013 final would be a nice parallel with Naito showing how his run was supposed to go before the fans voted him out of the WK8 main event.

I probably overthought this a little.

JML

Post by JML » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 am

Got my picks in before the opening bell. I have a Naito/Tenzan final with Okada and Elgin as the runner ups.

Naito wins but it's too hard to resist booking the Tenzan miracle run to the final.