Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

ayaashm

Re: Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

Post by ayaashm » Thu May 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Dropped to 124. Ospreay x Kushi. Kushi has 1 win. Will has 0.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Thu May 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Well, shit. With BUSHI's loss on Day 5 it looks like his role might just be to be a spoiler/potential spoiler to KUSHIDA on the final day. So much for my BUSHI-wins-the-whole-thing-against-Ospraey thing. Looking more like it'll be O'Reilly vs. Ricochet to me now after a BUSHI spoil, with O'Reilly winning it all.

ALSO: LOL at the Japanese smarks near the hard camera's mic cheering for heels all night, including Finlay over KUSHIDA.

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Thu May 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Garuda wrote:Well, shit. With BUSHI's loss on Day 5 it looks like his role might just be to be a spoiler/potential spoiler to KUSHIDA on the final day. So much for my BUSHI-wins-the-whole-thing-against-Ospraey thing. Looking more like it'll be O'Reilly vs. Ricochet to me now after a BUSHI spoil, with O'Reilly winning it all.

ALSO: LOL at the Japanese smarks near the hard camera's mic cheering for heels all night, including Finlay over KUSHIDA.
I was very much on the same wavelength with you on BUSHI, was really convinced he was going to be more than just a 'spoiler' for KUSHIDA, but I can't see how he's going to figure into the mix when he's already in an 0-3 hole. Unless Gedo goes for some convoluted booking where a whole bunch of people end up on 4-3 records, with BUSHI making a miraculous comeback. Wouldn't put it past them, the year Naito won the G-1, he won his block with a 5-4 record and I still can't work out how he managed to top his group above all the other people that ended up with a 5-4 record.

BITW3589

Post by BITW3589 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 pm

Wow I can't believe I'm in 13th Place never expected to be doing that good in this.

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Fri May 27, 2016 12:11 am

Tigerkinney wrote:
Garuda wrote:Well, shit. With BUSHI's loss on Day 5 it looks like his role might just be to be a spoiler/potential spoiler to KUSHIDA on the final day. So much for my BUSHI-wins-the-whole-thing-against-Ospraey thing. Looking more like it'll be O'Reilly vs. Ricochet to me now after a BUSHI spoil, with O'Reilly winning it all.

I was very much on the same wavelength with you on BUSHI, was really convinced he was going to be more than just a 'spoiler' for KUSHIDA, but I can't see how he's going to figure into the mix when he's already in an 0-3 hole. Unless Gedo goes for some convoluted booking where a whole bunch of people end up on 4-3 records, with BUSHI making a miraculous comeback. Wouldn't put it past them, the year Naito won the G-1, he won his block with a 5-4 record and I still can't work out how he managed to top his group above all the other people that ended up with a 5-4 record.
BUSHI is realistically out of contention at this point, especially since O'Reilly already has the win over him. O'Reilly could theoretically lose to Sydal, Taguchi and Romero (in fact to make Block A dramatic at all and make it look like anyone else has a chance to win he will pretty much have to lose to all three of them) but he is obviously going to beat Finlay so he will end with a minimum of 8 points. BUSHI could potentially win all of his last four matches but he'd still only wind up with 8 points total and will have already lost the tiebreaker to O'Reilly. At this point I would guess that O'Reilly loses to Romero on the final night and ends up with a total of three losses and then BUSHI spoils KUSHIDA on that show's main event by giving him his third loss, with O'Reilly advancing to the final due to having the tiebreaker win over KUSHIDA.

But then again I'm in 100th place in the pick 'em game so I am probably wrong...

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri May 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Standings after Day 6, new leaders on top. How are you looking?

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Fri May 27, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm sitting at 124, but I see a number of friends around me, so I'm in good company.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 pm

After a week I sit at 143, but what a great tourney so far.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat May 28, 2016 3:30 pm

I've somehow made it to 22nd, but this gravy train is going off the rails with my BUSHI predictions.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun May 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Currently at 15. Whoop whoop!

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sun May 29, 2016 7:55 pm

The A Block is in a weird position right now. O'Reilly, Sydal, and Taguchi are tied at 6 points, KUSHIDA has 4, and BUSHI has 2 after 4 matches each.

If they want that final KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI match to have juice, KUSHIDA will have to be gunning for his 10th points to avoid a tiebreaker loss to O'Reilly with 8. O'Reilly has Taguchi, Finlay, and Romero as his final three matches in order. The name of the game is which assumption do I have wrong?

I assume O'Reilly's going to win. I assume he's going to beat Finlay. I assume that they want tension in the last round with KUSHIDA. But If he beats Finlay he'll be at 8 points, meaning he'll have to lose against Rocky on the last day for his Block win, as will KUSHIDA. He'll also have to lose to Taguchi, which would put him in a three-way tie for block winner with 8 points after losing to KUSHIDA today. They could have a three-way on the day with the Block A winner having to wrestle twice, but that seems crazy.

Does someone else win? Does Finlay get a win on O'Reilly? Is this building to a win-or-die final KUSHIDA match? Is the block really going to be decided by KUSHIDA and O'Reilly both losing in a big spot as the dramatic finish? Or am I totally missing something obvious?

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon May 30, 2016 9:25 pm

136. So out of this lol

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue May 31, 2016 2:04 pm

Standings after Day 9! Are you still in this thing? (I'm most definitely NOT haha):

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

With Sydal's win, my pick BUSHI is mathematically eliminated, leaving me... tied for 3rd? Wut?

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Sitting at 110. Awesome.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/