Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

GuestTimekeeper

Re: Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Surely no one had either Nick or Matt near the top of either block, right? Like, there is zero difference between Matt/Nick and someone like Chase Owens or Adam Cole. Sure, if one gets replaced by a young lion people will lose a few points, but only a few unless you thought the Young Bucks were going to get a lot of singles wins...

Is there a way for us to view the brackets we submitted?

Koss

Post by Koss » Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Yes, it's a shame, but it's also just a bit of fun. Thanks for doing this, Rich.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote:Surely no one had either Nick or Matt near the top of either block, right? Like, there is zero difference between Matt/Nick and someone like Chase Owens or Adam Cole. Sure, if one gets replaced by a young lion people will lose a few points, but only a few unless you thought the Young Bucks were going to get a lot of singles wins...

A few points makes all the difference if you're going for #1. That's impossible if you lose out on "a few points".

And yeah i had both Bucks in prominent positions. They've held NEVER gold and been part of a team who beat a pure heavyweight team in trios matches. I'm sure they'll be protected.

But yeah the problem for me was if i wait until right before deadline i'll probably forget to sign up, which would suck.

Anyways thanks for doing the pick'ems anyways, always appreciate the work going in.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Morten VH wrote:
GuestTimekeeper wrote:Surely no one had either Nick or Matt near the top of either block, right? Like, there is zero difference between Matt/Nick and someone like Chase Owens or Adam Cole. Sure, if one gets replaced by a young lion people will lose a few points, but only a few unless you thought the Young Bucks were going to get a lot of singles wins...

A few points makes all the difference if you're going for #1. That's impossible if you lose out on "a few points".

And yeah i had both Bucks in prominent positions. They've held NEVER gold and been part of a team who beat a pure heavyweight team in trios matches. I'm sure they'll be protected.

But yeah the problem for me was if i wait until right before deadline i'll probably forget to sign up, which would suck.

Anyways thanks for doing the pick'ems anyways, always appreciate the work going in.
Appreciate it man. This is our greatest fear and there's simply no way to do it right other than having EVERYONE re-do their picks which is a logistical nightmare.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu May 19, 2016 10:27 am

I think what should be done, is just give 1 point automatically for all Finlay matches, since no one would've ever predicted him to win a match during this tourney. If not, then everyone participating are already screwed and has no chance of finishing in the running for 1st place already. If you keep the picks in the other blocks on Chase that's fine, but it can't be hard to just award one point to everyone for Finlay matches.

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Sat May 21, 2016 9:33 am

So how are we keeping track of this over the tournament? Do we get standings updates after each show?

Looking forward to this, missed the G1 version. Google form was dead simple.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat May 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Pick'Em Results after Night 1:

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Sat May 21, 2016 2:01 pm

What's the plan for David Finlay? Are you not going through with the giving everyone a point for each Finlay loss idea?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat May 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Yup, exactly. I should've made it more clear, sorry about that.

Planet

Post by Planet » Sat May 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Hopefully people aren't getting too lost in their fantasy power levels to come to terms with guys like Taguchi and Gedo beating guys like Sydal and Bushi. The veterans will get their wins, it'll all come out in the wash at the end, but they will beat some fan favorites along the way.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Taguchi always ends with a positive record. He won the tournament just a few years ago. Hopefully no one has picked him to just get 2 wins.

I thought it was a good bold prediction to pick Gedo today. I debated it but ultimately decided against it, and gave Gedo the win over Romero at the next Korakuen, which won't happen now. But kudos to those who had the guts to give it here, very good prediction!

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sat May 21, 2016 11:22 pm

I just realized I picked the finals to have two people in the same block
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Sun May 22, 2016 12:28 am

Morten VH wrote:
I thought it was a good bold prediction to pick Gedo today. I debated it but ultimately decided against it, and gave Gedo the win over Romero at the next Korakuen, which won't happen now. But kudos to those who had the guts to give it here, very good prediction!
I had the same thought about picking Gedo over BUSHI but also ultimately decided against it. I figured it could make sense for Gedo to get the upset due to the ongoing Chaos/Ingobernables feud, but then I second-guessed myself and thought that they surely wouldn't do a surprise win unless it was a main event. I guess that goes to show that it's best to stick with your gut sometimes.

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Sun May 22, 2016 10:42 am

Damn.....I went 0'fer. Though I would have picked Rocky over Finlay, but still. I suspect this will not be a good showing for me.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Sun May 22, 2016 11:33 am

I should not have gone with KUSHI x Ospreay.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/