Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Last year we debuted a brand-new tournament to our collection, NJPW's Best of the Super Juniors! Now that we've approached that season once again, we're pleased to announce the contest is back for year two. We are doing things a little differently this year, though.

Similar to last year, we want you to pick EVERY single match from the tournament, as well as the winner, runner-up and third place. We can once again guarantee this is the most extensive (and most rewarding!) Best of the Super Juniors contest you'll find online.

We'll calculate your points, give updates throughout the tournament at VoicesofWrestling.com as well as our forums and Twitter (@VoicesWrestling) and at the end we'll crown a grand pick'em champion.

That champion won't come away empty-handed, they'll receive a Best of the Super Juniors KinPuro card box courtesy of PuroCentralShop.com!

This year instead of emailing out spreadsheets, having you email them back to us, we're going to simplify it. Make all your picks using the Google Form below. You'll see below breakdowns of each night, the matches and a drop down menu to select the winner of each match in this year's tournament.

1 point if you pick the correct winner OR if you pick a draw correctly
5 points for BOSJ Winner
3 points for BOSJ Runner-up
3 points for A Block and B Block Winners
2 points for A Block and B Block Runner-up
Prizes (via Puro Central Shop)

1st Place - Best of the Super Juniors KinPuro Card Box
2nd Place - Official Best of the Super Juniors Program
3rd Place - Jushin Thunder Liger Keychain
Exclusive Coupon Code

Participants of this pick'em contest can get an extra 15% off their next purchase at PuroCentralShop.com by using the coupon code "VOW".

Good luck!

Sign-up & make your picks at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... 16-pickem/

wac

Re: Best of the Super Juniors 2016 Pick'Em

Post by wac » Thu May 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Any chance of including an option for a time limit draw?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu May 12, 2016 5:32 pm

wac wrote:Any chance of including an option for a time limit draw?
Good call, each match should have that option now.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 pm

What's the time limit for these, 30 minutes?

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 pm

I feel like the B Block is way harder to predict, Ospreay is the obvious winner but I have almost no idea how everbody else will come out in the standings

wac

Post by wac » Thu May 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Trying to predict how Gedo will book a round robin tournament is among life's hardest pursuits

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:15 am

This looks like a lot of fun. I'll work on the ballot this weekend.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri May 13, 2016 1:42 am

So apparently Nick Jackson was injured at the ROH TV Tapings yesterday, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. They reported that he could have a broken rib, which would keep him out for up to 8 weeks.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri May 13, 2016 4:27 pm

wac wrote:Trying to predict how Gedo will book a round robin tournament is among life's hardest pursuits
No doubt about it
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Hugh_Little

Post by Hugh_Little » Sat May 14, 2016 1:28 pm

My pick's are in and my only goal is to DESTROY Rob cause he's a nice guy and I like him. Cheers

wac

Post by wac » Sun May 15, 2016 5:10 am

DXvsNWO wrote:So apparently Nick Jackson was injured at the ROH TV Tapings yesterday, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. They reported that he could have a broken rib, which would keep him out for up to 8 weeks.
This might totally change my bracket :(

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun May 15, 2016 9:20 am

wac wrote:
DXvsNWO wrote:So apparently Nick Jackson was injured at the ROH TV Tapings yesterday, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. They reported that he could have a broken rib, which would keep him out for up to 8 weeks.
This might totally change my bracket :(
Apparently Matt Jackson may now be out as well?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Nothing official from New Japan Pro Wrestling yet on who's replacing them so unfortunately we're just going to have to go with it. The easiest and least sloppy way to do it is simply have votes for Nick and Matt count for their replacements, we'll do a 1:1 name swap once the replacements are officially announced by New Japan. I'd love to allow you guys to re-do them or figure out a better system but I'm not sure we're going to find a solution that appeases everyone so we'll go with this. Sorry!

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm

boooooooooooooooooooo

Well i understand why we can't redo anything now, but late comers are gaining an unfair advantage, and i don't see how those who are very interested in the game should be punished. Is it so hard to let people redo if they want and remember before the first show, after replacements have been announed, and if people don't redo they just have their old picks active?

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Mon May 16, 2016 2:47 pm

It's a shame, wish I'd waited a while to get my pickems in. Nick being replaced by Chase might not change much but if Matt gets replaced with someone like Jay White who obviously won't get any wins it'll totally kill my chances. Having someone in the block that loses every match will totally shift the brackets. Next time around I'll wait until right before the cut off to get my predictions in.