2017 Feud of the Year

itsberlo

2017 Feud of the Year

Post by itsberlo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:47 pm

I wanted to see what are some of your favorite feuds of 2017. I had a hard time putting a list together but here is what I came up with:

1. Okada vs Omega - NJPW (Purely based on match quality and the eyeball brought to the NJPW because of them)
2. Usos vs New Day - WWE (Loved their matches and to be honest I am a sucker for good tag team programs)
3. Chuck Taylor vs Zack Sabre Jr - PWG (Very underrated story-line that had an awesome climax)

Notables: Strowman vs Reigns , British Strong Style vs Progress, and Jinder vs Credibility

What say you?

mlev76

Re: 2017 Feud of the Year

Post by mlev76 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 pm

For better or worse, "feuds" as they once existed have likely been replaced with rivalries in the modern context. Like, Okada/Omega is a great rivalry, but is there an actual issue other than one wants to be the best guy? Even in WWE, where actual issues beyond "being better" can sometimes play out, the traditonal feud with a hot blowoff seems to be less in existence than ever before.

So, given that I feel like most candidates will be actually "rivalries," here are some I really liked this year:

Reigns vs. Braun
Usos vs. New Day
Ospreay vs. Kushida
Sabre vs. Taylor
Riddle vs. WALTER
Eddie Kingston vs. David Starr

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:52 pm

I'd add Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chuck Taylor from PWG as well. I loved everything about that feud. The matches were all awesome (Chuck vs. ZSJ from Only Kings Understand Each Other, LDRS vs. Best Friends from Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll), Chuck vs. Marty Scurll in Guerrilla Warfare at Game Over, Man, ZSJ vs. Trent? at Head Like a Cole, and then Chuck vs. ZSJ again at Pushin' Forward Back) and each one played a significant part of the story. And Marty and Trent's involvement made total sense. And Chuck dethroning ZSJ for the title is one of my favorite moments of the year. It won't get a lot of buzz because it was in PWG, but no feud this year got me nearly as emotionally invested as I was in Chuck/ZSJ.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:17 am

I'd include Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate as well, though the crucial third match didn't air in the time period, though it was taped during it.