January 2018 Community Match of the Month - Voting Thread

packerman120

January 2018 Community Match of the Month - Voting Thread

Post by packerman120 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 am

Welcome to the MOTM poll for January 2018! The way this poll will work is that the voter will write in their top 3 matches in the form. 1st place votes will count for 3 points, 2nd for 2, and 3rd for 1. Whatever match receives the most cumulative points will be named as the Voices of Wrestling community Match of the Month.

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/1tP7DHFFMu4kZ6Qv1

Rules:

1. The match must have made tape or occurred in January 2018, between 1/1 and 1/31.
2. Do not vote for the same match three times. The three matches MUST be different. If they are not, your vote is disqualified.
3. An example vote may look like this.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito - 1/4

4. Voting will end on the night MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12th, with no submissions being accepted after 11:59 PM CST.

If you've read this far, thanks for participating, and hopefully we can make this a community fixture in the months to come! Thanks!

packerman120

Re: January 2018 Community Match of the Month - Voting Thread

Post by packerman120 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Quick plug that voting ends on Monday! Good amount of submissions so far, appears it could be a tight race. Get those votes in!

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks to the plug on the Twitter account, voting has taken off in the last hour. Today is the last day! Vote!

Also, not sure how I'll publish the results yet. At this point, I'm considering doing a short article featuring the top 10 or 5, with the other matches to get votes getting an honorable mention, with some sort of write-up for the top five. If I can get it published on the site, I will, but if not, I'll figure something else. Doing this so far has been awesome. Looking forward to continuing it in the future!

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 pm

packerman120 wrote:Thanks to the plug on the Twitter account, voting has taken off in the last hour. Today is the last day! Vote!

Also, not sure how I'll publish the results yet. At this point, I'm considering doing a short article featuring the top 10 or 5, with the other matches to get votes getting an honorable mention, with some sort of write-up for the top five. If I can get it published on the site, I will, but if not, I'll figure something else. Doing this so far has been awesome. Looking forward to continuing it in the future!
Send it over when you're done and we can see how to best utilize it. We can use it in complement with Lawson's MOTM or separate.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
packerman120 wrote:Thanks to the plug on the Twitter account, voting has taken off in the last hour. Today is the last day! Vote!

Send it over when you're done and we can see how to best utilize it. We can use it in complement with Lawson's MOTM or separate.

Yeah I've been holding off my article specifically to incorporate this. Let me know how you guys want to go about it.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

Yeah I've been holding off my article specifically to incorporate this. Let me know how you guys want to go about it.
Sent it over to Lawson. He does a great job with MOTM as is, and I'd rather work on giving him more to work with than stealing his thing. Results had a few surprises, but I think many of you will be able to predict.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 pm

packerman120 wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:

Sent it over to Lawson. He does a great job with MOTM as is, and I'd rather work on giving him more to work with than stealing his thing. Results had a few surprises, but I think many of you will be able to predict.
Much appreciated!