January 2018 Match of the Month

Lawsoncomedy

Re: January 2018 Match of the Month

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 pm

packerman120 wrote: One last thing, as far as I can recall, we have no real way to determine our community as a whole's MOTM. Would anyone be interested in a poll system being set up, where we could vote for our top 3 and have the weighted points system in effect? I'd be down to be the poller there so we can get some fun data to figure out the MOTM of the community. If anyone would be interested, let me know here or via PM. Might set it up anyways for January once month is over just to gauge interest.

The matches to make the poll would be the ones with two nominations, also.
That's the way it used to be done, and I'd totally be down with that, I just don't know how to actually set up the polls and ensure people vote and such.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:
packerman120 wrote: One last thing, as far as I can recall, we have no real way to determine our community as a whole's MOTM. Would anyone be interested in a poll system being set up, where we could vote for our top 3 and have the weighted points system in effect? I'd be down to be the poller there so we can get some fun data to figure out the MOTM of the community. If anyone would be interested, let me know here or via PM. Might set it up anyways for January once month is over just to gauge interest.

That's the way it used to be done, and I'd totally be down with that, I just don't know how to actually set up the polls and ensure people vote and such.

I remember how we used to do it with the head to head voting, it would be a little different from that. As for ensuring people vote, no way to make sure of that, but I'd expect people to be interested. I'll run a trial at the end of the month.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 am

packerman120 wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:

I remember how we used to do it with the head to head voting, it would be a little different from that. As for ensuring people vote, no way to make sure of that, but I'd expect people to be interested. I'll run a trial at the end of the month.

Sounds good to me, brother brother. If we get a true consensus that's the order of matches I'll use in the article each month.

Also nominating: Meiko Satomura vs Ayako Hamada, 1/6 Sendai Girls

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:34 am

Darby Allin v ZSJ - Evolve 99. I had it at 4.25 starz.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 am

Takeda vs. Tsukamoto BJW 1/2

Leafs451

Post by Leafs451 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm

K. Hare wrote:Takeda vs. Tsukamoto BJW 1/2
I'll second this match and nominate Twin Towers vs Sekimoto & Suzuki from the same show

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 pm

1/10 CWF Mid-Atlantic Worldwide Ep. #139 Brad Attitude vs. Chet Sterling

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

packerman120 wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:

The ELO system we used to use took a lot of time to set up so I'm not sure that's worth the trouble. A poll on the forum could be a nice experiment as I agree having a community aspect of this project is always cool.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
packerman120 wrote:
Lawsoncomedy wrote:

The ELO system we used to use took a lot of time to set up so I'm not sure that's worth the trouble. A poll on the forum could be a nice experiment as I agree having a community aspect of this project is always cool.
This may seem too extra but what if it was divided by region? Just because I can see a lot of bias against things that aren't seen by a majority. Like I'm thinking Hall of Fame ballot style.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm

ZSJ v Walter Evolve 99 1-14-18. Had this at 4 1/2 stars.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 am

Seconded, or I guess thirded at this point! This was so much fun.

I think my favorite from the DDT tournament was Bailey vs Sakaguchi, with Sasaki vs Ishikawa a very close second.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 am

dancecab wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:
packerman120 wrote:

This may seem too extra but what if it was divided by region? Just because I can see a lot of bias against things that aren't seen by a majority. Like I'm thinking Hall of Fame ballot style.
Hall of Fame ballot style is very interesting, and something I'd be willing to do down the line, if people participate. For now, I think it'd be hard to implement. I think about categories like Australia, who may only have one match. And, if we're talking a true match of the month, it usually is a match that is seen by the majority of fans, and is beloved as such. As of now, the basic idea is that I will take every match mentioned in this thread, and create a Google Form with the matches, with write-ins also available. It would be top 3, with 1st getting 3 points, 2nd 2, 3rd 1. I would have to manually go through and make sure no one votes for the same match for all three places, which wouldn't be too difficult. The goal is to try and get statistics on what the community was a fan of that month, and maybe give matches exposure to some that would have normally passed over. If anyone has any ideas, PM me or DM me @packerman120 on Twitter.

Anyways, back to the thread.

I second:

Daisuke Sasaki vs. Shuji Ishikawa
ZSJ vs. WALTER

EvandroFurtado

Post by EvandroFurtado » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Seconding this. What a war!

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:39 am

1/10 CWF Mid-Atlantic Worldwide Ep. #139 Brad Attitude vs. Chet Sterling

1/17 CWF Mid-Atlantic Worldwide Ep. #140 Trevor Lee Vs. Roy Wilkins

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 am

Ferrante207 wrote:Darby Allin v ZSJ - Evolve 99. I had it at 4.25 starz.
Seconded.

Nominating: Kenoh vs Kaito Kiyomiya NOAH 1/6