Eddie Edwards

GOTNW

Eddie Edwards

Post by GOTNW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Figured the current GHC Heavyweight Champion deserved a thread. Don't really have much to say on him, I remember really enjoying his junior title match vs Kotaro Suzuki and I always though he was better than Davey. We'll see how he'll perform with the spotlight on.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Eddie Edwards

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 pm

If the Nakajima match delivered and the Maru match next month is good, he'll get a nice recency bump. But he's got years of undercard junior stuff to explore, and off the top of my head all of it is pretty decent.

I expect him to lose to Maru, but if he has any kind of GHC run, that could help him here too since it'll all be fresh.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:00 pm

I liked him better than Davey too. Had a really nice Jr tag run with Roddy. Just don't know if it'll be enough to rank him purely on NOAH work but I have an open mind, definitely should be considered.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Didn't love the GHC win, but I saw many others did, so maybe I was the low man. Looking forward to the Marufuji match in a couple of days.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm

His title loss to Kenoh was petty damn great. I'll write more about it in Kenoh's thread.

I also really like the Marufuji title defense, and he had a good little TV match defense on Impact vs El Hijo del Fantasma.

I could easily see ranking him if the junior stuff hold up as well as I think it does. He has a much deeper folder of work here than people may realize.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 pm

He let me play air guitar on the TNA tag title (harder than Hogan makes it look) at a beyond show. Gave him a 8/10 on cagematch.