Kotaro Suzuki

dylanjstx

Kotaro Suzuki

Post by dylanjstx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Interesting NOAH career. Interesting wrestler. I've always loved K Suzuki. Great matches with Nakajima and a bunch of great tag matches.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Kotaro Suzuki

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Mushiking Terry

13 years in NOAH before the Burning exodus in 2013. Tons of really cool junior matches, but the knock was always that he could be a little sloppy.

Bonus points for being part of Disobey with my man Yone and the rest of the sleaze crew like Genba, Kanemaru, & Rikio.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Very bland babyface with a really cool moveset and helped by his run in the absurd Mushiking Terry gimmick. His heel turn was unexpectedly awesome and led to a personal favorite KENTA match/moment when he busted out FAKE BLOOD and suddenly became the king of the heels. Too short though. I usually enjoy watching him a lot.

You also have to give a guy with a moveset based nearly entirely of Gundam references some props too.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Cross posting this in the Ishimori/Suzuki threads.

Remember the SHIODOME JAMBOREE shows in the late 2000s? Yes the shows on the street outside NOAH's TV studios. I really loved them back when they happened because I'm a mark for outdoor wrestling but I rewatched the Suzuki vs. Ishimori match from 2009 I believe and bloody heck that was fantastic for a match where you really wouldn't be under any obligation to work hard. These are two guys that will probably fall right around the same position on my list. Never got a big push in the peak NOAH years but as they became more experience they developed into two of the smoothest juniors in the world. This match wasn't close to the best either had but I think if I wanted to show people a representation of both guys, I'd show them this match.