Taiji Ishimori 石森太二

rollup

Taiji Ishimori 石森太二

Post by rollup » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 pm

the longest reigning Jr heavyweight champ

armsofsleep

Re: Taiji Ishimori 石森太二

Post by armsofsleep » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Imagine this thread might mirror the Marufuji one a bit. Clearly a super important NOAH figurehead (though he wasn't really around until after the hottest period for the company), but his work can be divisive. Add in that his current run with Hi69 has been an easy highlight of REBORN and I imagine he will garner some debate.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Can't imagine him not making the final list, but I'm curious where he'll land, particularly vs the other juniors.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Cross posting this in the Ishimori/Suzuki threads.

Remember the SHIODOME JAMBOREE shows in the late 2000s? Yes the shows on the street outside NOAH's TV studios. I really loved them back when they happened because I'm a mark for outdoor wrestling but I rewatched the Suzuki vs. Ishimori match from 2009 I believe and bloody heck that was fantastic for a match where you really wouldn't be under any obligation to work hard. These are two guys that will probably fall right around the same position on my list. Never got a big push in the peak NOAH years but as they became more experience they developed into two of the smoothest juniors in the world. This match wasn't close to the best either had but I think if I wanted to show people a representation of both guys, I'd show them this match.