Naomichi Marufuji

DylanZero

Re: Naomichi Marufuji

Post by DylanZero » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:51 am

He's wildly inconsistent throughout his career but has had some huge ups (notably in 2006 which he he had a WOTY case imo) and I really enjoyed a lot of his tag work with KENTA greatly. His early early run is great too and yes even now I enjoy his team with Maybach for what it is. Still has disappeared at times and has had select periods where he was ungodly terrible and you can see why his reputation can be what it is, whether going so overly contrived in his offense it's nauseating or later on, I would say 2015 which was probably one of my least favorite runs of any wrestler I can remember, his match with Kotoge where he buried him with a constant look of total apathy, along with his big title win vs Suzuki which he again looked completely bored.

That said even with the bad, he deserves to be in the top 50 at least. I'll have him pretty high personally, his longevity is another strong factors in his favor. Not a #1 contender though.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)