Before I dive into my first PPV, I want to make a few notes about my roster, as I made a bunch of signings right as I started.
- I signed three Japanese Talents to full-time contracts (one year). Those were The Great Muta, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, & Hiroyoshi Tenzan. I mainly grabbed Muta and Tenzan to complete nWo Japan. I've actually used them a fair amount in my mid-card, but since I plan to downscale the nWo once 1999 rolls around, I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I might sign them to six-month open contracts until I figure out what to do with them. I definitely would like to keep using Muta and especially Liger.
- I signed a bunch of ECW guys right at the start of my scenario as well. Those names include: RVD, Saba, Jerry Lynn, and the F.B.I. (Little Guido, Tracy Smothers, Tommy Rich, and Tony Mamaluke, who I think was a freelancer). I signed RVD & Sabu with the intent to use them as a top tag team before eventually giving RVD a singles push (probably starting in 1999). The other guys were just people I thought would make good additions to my roster. I also went out and signed The Pitbulls (who were listed as free agents), as well as John Kronus (to complete The Eliminators), and Tommy Dreamer (it sounds weird, but I'll get to why in a second) later in the year. Mike Awesome was another guy I signed, and I have HUGE plans for him going into 1999.
- I did cut a fair amount of guys at the start of the year (mostly lower card guys I had no use for). I also let go of some veterans midway through 1998 that I really had no use for (Jim Duggan).
- One of the craziest things that occurred at the start of my scenario was that WWF released a BUNCH of people. Among that list were The Hardys, Adam Copeland (Edge), Christian Cage, and Andrew Martin (Test). So what I decided to do was sign all of those guys, and incorporate them into my new developmental territory. Appropriately, I decided to make OMEGA my WCW developmental territory. Here's what the OMEGA roster looks like as of September 1998:
- Head Booker: Tony Schiavone
- Roster: Andrew Martin, Amy Dumas, Christian Cage, Christian York, Daffney, David Flair, Edge, Evan Karagias, Jeff Hardy, Joey Matthews, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Steve Corino, & Trish Stratus
- One quick note about titles. Before I started, I decided to move the NWA World Heavyweight Title and the NWA World Tag Team Titles from WWF to WCW. For what I wanted to do, I decided that I needed an extra title or two, and I thought those titles were a good fit.
The next post will my card for Souled Out 1998. I'll include the card, the mentality behind it, among other things.