I wrote a deep dive into psychology, which touches on NJPW & Naito vs Tanahashi.

Wrestlers, promoters, bloggers and podcasters — feel free to plug your stuff here. Sharing is caring.
suplexberry

I wrote a deep dive into psychology, which touches on NJPW & Naito vs Tanahashi.

Post by suplexberry » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:38 am

This essay is some thoughts of mine that I've been sitting on for a while, and finally clicked this weekend when I watched Michael Elgin touch on in-ring psychology in his interview/discussion with Excalibur after I'd just had coffee with a friend who studies literature and linguistics.

Anyway, I posted it on Medium. Here is the link, Medium tells me it's a 7 minute read so give it a quick read if you so choose.

suplexberry

Re: I wrote a deep dive into psychology, which touches on NJPW & Naito vs Tanahashi.

Post by suplexberry » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 pm

This is sort of an unofficial sequel to the previous post, about match-to-match psychology/character development.

Contains a LOT of spoilers for the Will Ospreay vs Jimmy Havoc feud in PROGRESS. Here is the essay.

Guilherme Jaeger

Re: I wrote a deep dive into psychology, which touches on NJPW & Naito vs Tanahashi.

Post by Guilherme Jaeger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 am

I just came here to say your write-ups along with Showbuckle and Real Neat Puro's video stuff were inspirations to make me write on wrestling again. It's nice to see people write on the promotions I follow with an eye for stuff beyond the norm. So thank you!

FrankyM

Post by FrankyM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:34 pm

I'll be sure to read it later.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:36 am

Guilherme Jaeger wrote:I just came here to say your write-ups along with Showbuckle and Real Neat Puro's video stuff were inspirations to make me write on wrestling again. It's nice to see people write on the promotions I follow with an eye for stuff beyond the norm. So thank you!
Glad to be the inspiration. I've really liked your character write-ups as well.

Guilherme Jaeger

Post by Guilherme Jaeger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

suplexberry wrote:
Guilherme Jaeger wrote:I just came here to say your write-ups along with Showbuckle and Real Neat Puro's video stuff were inspirations to make me write on wrestling again. It's nice to see people write on the promotions I follow with an eye for stuff beyond the norm. So thank you!
Glad to be the inspiration. I've really liked your character write-ups as well.
Thanks for that! Glad you read it, I really am.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 am

I absolutely suck at plugging my stuff here. Anyway.

Wrote about my personal MOTY, Shibata vs Okada.

And I wrote about what creates reactions in professional wrestling.

Both are longer pieces, Medium tells me they're 11-12 min reads.