ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 40 Up!)

Wrestlers, promoters, bloggers and podcasters — feel free to plug your stuff here. Sharing is caring.
Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 35 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:13 am

It's here, ThROH The Years returns for an episode unlike any other. On this mammoth length episode Matt and Trevor cover the entire Rob Feinstein scandal. The backstory, the fallout, it's three hours in itself. Then we cover At Our Best, a major show with one of the best and bloodiest modern cage matches, Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes! Put on a bib, it's a heavy duty episode.

RobViper13

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 31 Up!)

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Hobbes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am
ThROH The Years has come to the end...of 2003! We're reviewing the final show of the year, Final Battle 2003. It's a loaded card with All Japan stars and we have lots to talk about both in the ring and behind the scenes. But that's not all, after that we have our second annual Honor Awards, spotlighting the best and worst ROH had to offer in the year and tying it all in a cute little bow. A supersized episode to end the year.

Hey I'm more behind on this podcast than BTS! Good thing you guys don't have any 6 hour marathon episodes coming up.

I loved that you guys did the research enough to pull out the old DVDVR reviews of this show because I actually remembered those. Putting over Arashi! LOL That was the thing about DVDVR... they were definitely the first of the anti-popular opinion crew but I really believed they were honest. They weren't just putting over Arashi to be different, they actually liked him. Stuff like this would always lead me to get in trouble arguing why the Special K guys were better than dudes who threw good punches but I never felt like they were arguing for the sake of just arguing. That's the total opposite of these days where now with twitter everyone wants to present that one opinion nobody else has just so they can stand out & they'll fight to the death defending it even though you can clearly see through the act and know they don't believe anything they're saying.

I already started the next show and am a little bummed you didn't do a full review of the JAPW show. Ruckus vs my hometown boy DANGEROUS DEREK WYLDE OF TNA ASYLUM FAME was pretty good.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 36 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Yeah, the DVDVR boys introduced me to a ton of wrestling. Definitely didn't always agree with them but they usually at least gave their reasonings and you could see their side.

On skipping the JAPW show, and the 03 UK show, at our pace we kind of just want to hit the true mainline ROH shows, or this podcast will be even longer. Joe/Balls from that show was good though!

Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 36 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:47 am

It's a new era for ROH and ThROH The Years as this episode Matt and Trevor cover Reborn: Stage One. A reset for the company, there's a lot of booking to talk about, a mind-blowing instance of something years earlier than you'd expect and the second death of a beloved podcast streak. Also CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson and Samoa Joe vs. Homicide! Oh, and Trevor reveals what his name would be if he was a wrestler.​​​​​​​

Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 38 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01 am

ThROH The Years is here to close out another summer by covering Reborn: Stage Two. We've brought back Dr.Keith Lipinski (AAW, Dr.Keith Presents) to revisit a show he attended. We talk the first ever Danielson/Homicide match, a big title change main event, dirty bathroom floors, pinatas, and get the scoop on the poop (angle).

Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 38 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:49 am

Matt, Trevor and Boston correspondent Joe Gagne have arrived to see the completion of a trilogy on this episode of ThROH The Years. We cover Round Robin Challenge 3, which includes three tag title changes, the return of Spanky, the loudest slap in wrestling history and...Ox Baker? Fall is here so get cozy, sip your warm drink and then, and only then, press play.

Hobbes

Re: ThROH The Years: A ROH retrospective podcast (Episode 39 Up!)

Post by Hobbes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:59 am

ThROH The Years is here to soothe your frazzled nerves as this time we cover Generation Next. It's a landmark show that features the formations of one of the greatest indie stables of all time. We break it all down but far more importantly, we rank all four members of the stable by physical attractiveness. This was a great episode.
​​​​​​​