Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame (2015)

mlev76

Re: Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame (2015)

Post by mlev76 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:10 am

One more thing on the Farmer post HOF show-it seems quite weird to me that he would vote for Don Owen for many years...and then not. Owen, as far as I can tell, has a resume that hinges on the facts that 1) Roddy Piper was extremely loyal to him and 2) he paid well. That seems more like a Hall of Rare Decent People in this Scummy Industry rather than a hall of fame.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:22 pm

JML wrote:I thought it was fishy when Dave put Dr. Death on the Japan ballot after he dropped off the North American one but putting AJ back on would be crazy. And I really like AJ too
Dave implied pretty clearly on this audio he tries to find a way to get guys he likes in...which I assume is the other side of his feelings on Sting.

To me, Dr. Death in Japan still stands out as a favor to Ross. He could put Murdoch on the Japan group by his same rationale but won't mostly because I think he thinks once Murdoch's out of modern candidate pool, he thinks he'll get in

JML

Post by JML » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Speaking of favors, I found out that Dave was thinking about putting Rocky Johnson on the ballot. I don't know if he was on this years or not but do you think that's a favor to his son?

JonnyBart

Post by JonnyBart » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Rocky Johnson should be on the ballot.