RESULTS: The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever (50-1)

To celebrate Ring of Honor’s upcoming 15th anniversary in February of 2017, Place to Be Nation and Voices of Wrestling are teaming up to present The Honor Roll: ROH’s 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever, held exclusively on the Voices of Wrestling forums.
BradPTBN

RESULTS: The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever (50-1)

Post by BradPTBN » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Let's put all top 50 talk here and any final thoughts on how things played out.

I'll first note from a voting standpoint, the only place in the top 10 that would have been differently with one more ballot is Jay/Aries at 6/5. Jay made 109, Aries 110 - if Jay gets on one of those two ballots he's number 5. There was also a real close race between 11-13.

BradPTBN

Re: RESULTS: The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever (50-1)

Post by BradPTBN » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:43 pm

To Sean's nice points in the VOW podcast thread re: Punk. I think the memorable angles/stories and the demographic of the poll that was invested in the company from the beginning helped him a lot. He was also boosted by 5 first place votes, whereas Nigel had 0 first place votes. There was 75-ish points between them. That one was up in the air as I was tabulating.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Like I said before I started as an SBG ROH follower. That said I had to do a lot of research for titles won, tenure, and impact before I made my top 50 list. That being said, had I known how some of the more knowledgeable Ring of Honor posters were voting for CM Punk I would never voted him so high. He was my number five pick, and the only reason he was as high as he was because of the Summer of Punk. He still would've been in my top 15 for his memorable title run, but he would not of been in my top five.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:21 pm

BradPTBN wrote:To Sean's nice points in the VOW podcast thread re: Punk. I think the memorable angles/stories and the demographic of the poll that was invested in the company from the beginning helped him a lot. He was also boosted by 5 first place votes, whereas Nigel had 0 first place votes. There was 75-ish points between them. That one was up in the air as I was tabulating.
Still amazing me that CM Punk got that high on the final results, and as I mentioned previously, I'm a huge CM Punk fan.

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

I think I rated Punk in the top 10 (think it was 9 or 10) simply because I weighted impact on the company alot more than simple tenure, and because that ROH what got me into the product and indy wrestling as a whole. Just cause some wrestlers had longer runs, maybe even better matches, doesn't mean they made that same impact.