RESULTS: ROH's Top 10 Non-Wrestlers Poll

To celebrate Ring of Honor’s upcoming 15th anniversary in February of 2017, Place to Be Nation and Voices of Wrestling are teaming up to present The Honor Roll: ROH’s 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever, held exclusively on the Voices of Wrestling forums.
BradPTBN

RESULTS: ROH's Top 10 Non-Wrestlers Poll

Post by BradPTBN » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Results are up for The Honor Roll: ROH's Top 10 Non-Wrestlers poll:

VOW-
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/0 ... wrestlers/

PTBN-
http://placetobenation.com/the-honor-ro ... l-results/

Feel free to discuss in this thread.

BITW3589

Re: RESULTS: ROH's Top 10 Non-Wrestlers Poll

Post by BITW3589 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:43 pm

So glad to see Lacey made it all the way to number 6 she was the only one I was both interested and concerned about in the non wrestler poll as I was afraid she wouldn't rank as high as I would have liked, but she placed exactly where she should have as there was no way she should've been ranked above any of the people in the top 5. I'm ok with saying that I'm one of the biggest Lacey fans there are and as I stated in her nomination thread I truly believe that if she would've stayed in the business she would be a big star in WWE now.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Interesting that not a single person made it on every ballot. Sweeney came two away from doing so.

I completely blanked on Gabe. Glad he won, but I wasn't even thinking of bookers when I voted.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:54 pm

I think that was the biggest different in ballots - those that considered "office" and those that went with on-screen performers.

Gabe commented on the results on Twitter and noted Doug Gentry should have been higher. Guys like Feinstein, Koff and Delirious even didn't even make a ballot. Adam Pearce made one.

Cary Silkin was probably the biggest victim of the mindset there; he probably should have made the top 10 pretty easily, but with only ten spots, he wasn't on a lot of radars.

BITW3589

Post by BITW3589 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:51 am

Do you think someone would've put Feinstein on their ballot if the controversy about him had never happened, maybe people just don't want to give him any recognition on this list because of what he got caught doing?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:23 am

Delirious was a victim of recency bias. He took over the book following two very shitty eras and stabilized things immediately both times. He's obviously had a rough stretch recently, but overall he's been a net positive to ROH and easily the second best booker in company history.

I can't believe I was the only vote for Austin Aries. He was flat out tremendous in ~2009 as a manager.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 pm

I have no idea how I missed Lacey. I probably would've had her on my list. Papa Briscoe & Maria Kanellis just fell short of making my list.

Gabe Sapolsky & Larry Sweeney were pretty much a lock for 1st & 2nd. I had them in those spots on my list, and I couldn't see anyone else being above them. Todd Sinclair & Bobby Cruise pretty much had to make the Top 10 in my opinion, so I'm glad to see that they did. I guess the only surprise (in my view) was that Julius Smokes placed so high. Yes, he was a big part of Homicide's run in ROH, but to me he just doesn't stick out over Prince Nana or Truth Martini.
Joe Lanza wrote:Delirious was a victim of recency bias. He took over the book following two very shitty eras and stabilized things immediately both times. He's obviously had a rough stretch recently, but overall he's been a net positive to ROH and easily the second best booker in company history.
I didn't have him on my list, but I completely agree. From a booking perspective, he's done a lot of good for ROH (although the bad seems to be mounting as this run continues).

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am

It's interesting, because other feedback I saw was surprise that Truth was that high as that particular poster thought he was a terrible part of their product. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I liked how the announcers played out (and special thanks to Lenny Leonard for tweeting me a good pic to use) also.