Comp sale through Monday 7/4

To celebrate Ring of Honor’s upcoming 15th anniversary in February of 2017, Place to Be Nation and Voices of Wrestling are teaming up to present The Honor Roll: ROH’s 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever, held exclusively on the Voices of Wrestling forums.
mlev76

Comp sale through Monday 7/4

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 pm

http://www.rohwrestling.com/catalog/dvd ... mpilations

Might have to pick up a few for research purposes

BradPTBN

Re: Comp sale through Monday 7/4

Post by BradPTBN » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:19 pm

There's been a couple I've been hoping to see price drops on - Whitmer/Jacobs, and the Jimmy Jacobs standalone. You run the risk of them either dropping to $6.99 or being de-listed completely some times.

Their shipping kills me though (and I have almost all the comps they've made, usually buy in high enough numbers to mitigate it). $8.95 for three DVDs in 2016 is ridiculous.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm

BradPTBN wrote:There's been a couple I've been hoping to see price drops on - Whitmer/Jacobs, and the Jimmy Jacobs standalone. You run the risk of them either dropping to $6.99 or being de-listed completely some times.

Their shipping kills me though (and I have almost all the comps they've made, usually buy in high enough numbers to mitigate it). $8.95 for three DVDs in 2016 is ridiculous.
Well, having to buy comp dvds as opposed to having a streaming service where you can access content in 2016 is ridiculous too

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:07 pm

I was thinking of getting the Austin Aries one, since he's the last big ROH name I don't have a comp of.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm an ROH novice, and I'd love to experience the Brian Danielson ROH stuff as best I can. Which comp would be the best for that? The World Champion set?

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Garuda wrote:I'm an ROH novice, and I'd love to experience the Brian Danielson ROH stuff as best I can. Which comp would be the best for that? The World Champion set?
Yeah, probably the World Champion set. I'd just pick up the two they have at once personally. I also recommend Kevin Steen: Descent into Madness. It's basically a DVD of the Steen-Generico feud.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Garuda wrote:I'm an ROH novice, and I'd love to experience the Brian Danielson ROH stuff as best I can. Which comp would be the best for that? The World Champion set?
Recently bought and went through the entire World Champion one, that's probably the best as you get a wide range of Danielson's best matches at his arguable peak in the company. It's probably the best comp set they've ever produced.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Thanks! I bought World Champion and hope to get the Descent into Madness DVD before too long. Now to wile away the time until it arrives.

DoubleCrossKing

Post by DoubleCrossKing » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Even though the sale is over, I whole-heartedly suggest people who are low on ROH DVD's themselves get the Homicide comp. It's a great reminder of exactly how much high-end stuff he had and just how high it got. Maybe the best match selection of any modern ROH-produced wrestler comp.