The Joe Lanza Is Right Wrestling Is Pretty Awesome Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

The Joe Lanza Is Right Wrestling Is Pretty Awesome Thread

Post by HeadCheese » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:28 am

Wrestling is really awesome now :D

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: The Joe Lanza Is Right Wrestling Is Pretty Awesome Thread

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:11 am

Being negative is very easy and it isn't hard to find things that stink, but wrestling is really, really great right now if you are looking in the right places.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:46 am

Yeah, I'm in agreement. It's easy to feel spoiled in this environment. Whenever I'm feeling "meh" about the amount of good stuff I want to watch out there (sometimes it gets overwhelming), I take a step back and appreciate the variety, the ease of access (barring a few exceptions) and the affordability of it all. Like, if you were your watching your NJPW World yesterday and got curious about Ospreay, you can sign up for RevPro's online service or Demand Progress and watch some of his best work (his storyline in Progress was awesome, and I highly recommend it, btw). And you could get both for under the price of one DVD.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:01 am

I've always said the only people who think wrestling sucks these days fall into two categories:

1) People who only watch WWE

2) Fans who live and die by what Jim Cornette says

There's no way wrestling these days can be worse than anything in the past simply for the fact the so much is available. There's going to be a live Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi match in 22 hours. For free. Wrestling IS awesome.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 am

Hear, hear.

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

RobViper13 wrote:I've always said the only people who think wrestling sucks these days fall into two categories:

1) People who only watch WWE

2) Fans who live and die by what Jim Cornette says.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

If anything there is too much great wrestling I can hardly keep up.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:51 pm

I have to add Wrestle-1 into my rotation now. WRESTLE-1! I hate that company! That's how good they are right now, though. Shuji Kondo vs. Yuji Hino in a few weeks - YES PLEASE. Add that onto Dragon Gate, New Japan, the Strong Lads, NOAH, some British stuff, ROH, PWG, EVOLVE - fuck, wrestling is so good right now.

HardTimes

Post by HardTimes » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 pm

RobViper13 wrote: There's no way wrestling these days can be worse than anything in the past simply for the fact the so much is available. There's going to be a live Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi match in 22 hours. For free. Wrestling IS awesome.

Please tell me more!

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:26 am

HardTimes wrote:
RobViper13 wrote: There's no way wrestling these days can be worse than anything in the past simply for the fact the so much is available. There's going to be a live Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi match in 22 hours. For free. Wrestling IS awesome.

Please tell me more!
The show containing it starts in five minutes at this link http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

HardTimes

Post by HardTimes » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:08 am

BohsJohnny wrote:
HardTimes wrote:

Please tell me more!
The show containing it starts in five minutes at this link http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/
Thanks!

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:38 pm

I keep discovering great wrestling, I love it! I've finally gotten into joshi and I'm slowly getting better with CMLL 2/3 falls matches.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Pro wrestling is only getting better and better. It is constantly becoming more athletic, more diverse and more creative.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:44 am

As a "old timey" wrestling fan from the early 80's, I truly miss the storytelling and some of the great, long series of matches you use to see. The drama of the Steamboat/Youngblood vs. Slaughter/Kernodle series was incredible and there really hasn't been anything like that since. The 2 year plus feud in GCW of Tommy Rich & Buzz Sawyer was incredible and to me, nothing beats that. I do like some of the NJPW stuff and want to get into the Rev Pro & Progress matches soon, as it seems to have elements that I might like. I really hate wrestlers like the Young Bucks, who really only do "spot wrestling". That's not wrestling, that's gymnastics.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:46 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:Pro wrestling is only getting better and better. It is constantly becoming more athletic, more diverse and more creative.
I beg to differ. It's certainly not that creative and I don't know on what you mean by diverse. Athletic doesn't mean it's better by a long shot. Magnificent Muraco didn't fly through the air, but his matches had heat.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:48 am

I miss limbwork tbh.