Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
BohsJohnny

Re: Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Post by BohsJohnny » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Everybody needs to watch this, shocked they put it up for free tbh.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Another Crazy British Strong Style 6 man announced for the National Stadium in August, as they face Jeff Cobb and War Machine.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:14 am

BohsJohnny wrote:Everybody needs to watch this, shocked they put it up for free tbh.

CONTEXT:

Angel Cruz and Tyler as an undercard act were tagging before BSS became a thing, Pete Dunne was our champ.

Angel was only tagging with Tyler because he thought Tyler was Tyler Breeze and thus a social media star just like Angel felt he was. Angel was always the weak link in the team, as he is in pretty much any team, so he realised he was onto a good thing with Tyler as he was doing all the squats and airplane spins and good things in their matches.

Then Tyler won the WWEUK championship, and the next show, Angel was like 'SO NOW WE ARE WWEUK CO CHAMPIONS' but then Trent Seven turned up and said Tyler was part of British Strong Style and didn't want anything to do with Angel. Angel got miffed, and Tyler sort of ran away tapping madly at his phone (Tyler can't use phones in OTT, this has Never Been Explained).

Additionally, Angel Cruz was like 'I'll show everyone' at our extreme supershow, so he pulled a knife and ran around the ring. He also uses guns on occasion, but only if he's borewd of the conversation. So the escalation in the match is actually entirely consistent. His security team are underage boys (he got a duelling 'Nonce' and 'Paedo' chant at one show, Rick and Peter, suggested they be called Team Ricter, but he's named them team Prick instead, so you can see why they might be a little open to joining another team.

So that led to this, really. Angel was making Tyler choose. Apparently Angel still doesn't understand that Tyler is Tyler Bate not Tyler Breeze.

Oh, and B. Cool is just fucking mental. He's the Last Gymnasty, hence screaming Let's Get Nasty at the start.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:22 am

Was at Born to be Wasted there:
Chris Brookes b. Damien Corvin for the Gold Ring (from the Marble Zone Act 1 show), giving him a title shot of his choosing.
He chose CCK (Brookes, Banks and debuting Lykos) against the Kings of the North (Corvin, Bonesaw, Disorderly)

B. Cool (w/Angel Cruz, I think was the idea) was going to take on Kenny Williams, but the Anti Fun Police turned up, Deputy Dunne, Bull Dempsey and SOMEONE WHO I DON'T REMEMBER). They had a six man. Highlight was Angel Cruz attempting to pierce an AFP member's throat with an open handcuff. I love Angel Cruz.

AFP got the win.

Katey Harvey vs. Xia Brookside

Xia was alright, but Katey pretty much dominated this. I also love Katey. Xia was popular on her debut though.

2 Unlimited vs. Charlie Sterling and Zack Gibson
Nuclear heat for Gibson. Absolutely nuclear. He might be more over than anyone but the Kings of the North at their absolute peak of cuntery (when they shaved Justy's beard and kicked Martina in the face). He cut a promo saying he, Sha Samuels, and Charlie Sterling were now a faction to take out all native Irish wrestlers. Tbh, this didn't affect his heat one way or the other, he was already hated. It was a sloppy match, 2 Unlimited are a pair of Irish lads who are trying to do too much big stuff. They slip, or overshoot and 4-5 times I thought they were going to seriously hurt themselves or someone else on the high risk stuff. Charlie got the DQ by using a chair, then the lads from the flats came in and challenged Zack and Charlie at Wrestlerama.

Bobby George Junior vs Terry Thatcher
I believe this is a new gimmick entirely for Rob Cage? He's a 1980s Darts star, comes out with a pint, and a dartboard, and his own ring announcer, who shouts 'ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIGHTYYYYY' at the appropriate time during the match. I think it worked pretty well, the crowd loved it. I don't really know much about darts, mind.

Pastor Bill Eaver + ??? vs. Justy and Logan
??? turned out to be Session Moth Martina, who has found Christ. She was in full Virgin Mary garb, and it was largely a comedy match. Justy got the win with pulled tights, then Katey Harvey came in and threw Bill Eaver outside, and attacked Martina, setting up the title match at Wrestlerama.

BSS vs. Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak and Sami Callihan
Great match, comedy to start with and then it got very intense. Second best match on the card. BSS won after miscommunication with the Limitless Death Machines.

Ryan Smile (c) vs. Mark Haskins
Mark called Ryan a pussy bitch and it doesn't really work as an insult for me, but the crowd was chanting it. I dunno. Anyway, the match was really good, personally my match of the night. It ended a dusty finish, Mark winning but Ryan had his hand on the rope to break it up. Joe Cabray/Luther Ward the promoter came down to shout at the ref, the match restarted, Ryan immediately low blowed Haskins for the win.

This added Haskins to the title match at Wrestlerama:
Haskins vs. Scurll vs. Smile

Just on Smile:
Ryan Smile is really very good. He'd be an asset to any promotions really, he can work rings around most people up and down the card, and he's a great promo too. Also his smile when he's about to smack someone with a belt is fucking evil.

Wrestlerama as a card now has:

Smile Scurll Haskins for NLW title

CCK vs. KOTN for the Tag Titles

Lads from the Flats vs. Sterling and Gibson

War Machine and Jeff Cobb vs. British Strong Style

Katey Harvey vs. Martina for the Women's belt.

Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal

Matt Cross vs. Jordan Devlin

World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Angel Cruz and B. Cool
Last edited by VonLInus on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:14 am

don't forget the tag title match too Linus! It's a sick card.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Good point, will change! Who was the THIRD MAN in the AFP?

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Fabulous Nicky

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:44 pm

BohsJohnny wrote:Fabulous Nicky
Thats' why I get for starting drinking when the doors open.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:22 am

Apparently OTT have put signs up heavily around Dublin for wrestlerama, I don't think they've done that in months, maybe the dream before Christmas was the last one?

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am

Contenders is becoming something really special for OTT. There is a serious connection being made between the audience and these youngsters. I'm so excited to see how it grows and develops.

Sunday's show was really good and had some pretty amazing moments.

The big question right now is how successful WrestleRama will be back at the big venue. It's clear tickets haven't sold like they did for The Elite, but if it ends up being close to that amount of people there (anything over 1,500) after walk-up then I'd consider that a big success and I'd say that with the foundations OTT are building they're in a really good place to attack the rest of 2017 and head into next year strong. If Rama draws less than 1000, it may be time to step back and take stock of exactly where things are at.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

I know the local fanbase is big on nostalgia but WWE/Foley have really devalued Foley the last while. His last run was the fucking pits. Also he recently did a show in Dublin too. Maybe they got him at a favorable rate and likely will make a killing on the meet and greet even still but as the tent pole guy he's pretty shaky these days.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:44 am

I honestly don't see him making a huge difference at this point either way. If they flop at the gate it's on OTT/Indy stars and if they succeed it's on OTT/Indy stars. Call me crazy but I think Marty draws more fans to this than Foley.

LeeJM713

Post by LeeJM713 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm

I think Marty having a one on one title match with a real possibility that he ends the show as champion would have drawn a good walk up crowd. The triple threat should be great but I don't think it stands out as a match to draw casuals.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 pm

LeeJM713 wrote:I think Marty having a one on one title match with a real possibility that he ends the show as champion would have drawn a good walk up crowd. The triple threat should be great but I don't think it stands out as a match to draw casuals.
agreed. I love Mark but I think adding him was a mistake on an artistic and business level. Hope I'm wrong!

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:11 am

I think they're getting a little worried at sales. I saw they have facebook ads now, for Wrestlerama. That's the first one I've seen. Just a guess but maybe Scrappermania with the Elite made them misjudge the maximum demand. We're still a small country/city by international standards. I imagine a lot of the people who went to Scrappermania have now ticked 'Watch a wrestling show' off their list.