Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
JamieOD

Re: Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Post by JamieOD » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:50 pm

I also wonder how much of the crowd from Scrappermania were only drawn to the show by The Elite. Remember a lot of British people came over and many got their tickets before most of the Elite's UK appearances were announced.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:27 am

JamieOD wrote:I also wonder how much of the crowd from Scrappermania were only drawn to the show by The Elite. Remember a lot of British people came over and many got their tickets before most of the Elite's UK appearances were announced.
Yeah. The queue was festooned in bullet club merch.

Foley isn't as hot as the Elite, and most other people have been to OTT already. It should be a fantastic show, but I'm not sure it's got something to motivate many people to come if they wouldn't go to OTT as a matter of course. I would have brought over a Japanese name, maybe.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 am

Another really big show for the National Stadium. It wasn't a sellout but it was nearly full. Very good crowd all in all.

Bunch of pissheads though, there were at least 3 guys accosting wrestlers or acting like idiots during the show. Nothing really happened, except at the very end, when I thought Joe was going to kick off on one bellend.

I was betting on CCK winning, Martina winning and Smile retaining, and CCK lost, and Haskins won.

I thought that Smile had a lot more legs as champ, to be honest. He could have gone against Ospreay, Devlin is turning face it seems. Oh well.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 am

I'll just flat out ask. Is Justy gone from OTT?

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:13 pm

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Really liking the look of the October 7th Tivoli show. Probably on par with the lineup for the December 9th show in the National Arena.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am

Saw Contenders yesterday:

Very good. I was at the very back, seemed packed out. Very hot crowd, and a very hot venue.

The Scarlett and Graves and Strickland matches were just insane. I know it's not all them, but they just looked so crisp in everything they did, great expressions and sleaziness, great working the crowd, just flat out stars.

I love Captain Sexsea, think it's a great gimmick. They did their own version of that Hardys corner spot where, one of Club Tropicana goes on his hands and knees, and the other member oils up the ground guy's back, then his own chest, then runs and slides off the guy on the grounds back to headbutt a guy in the groin, while wearing a pink swimming cap and goggles.

Hyperstreak is very fast. Not amazing at the wrestling, but very very fast and did some good things.

LJ Clery is great, a really mouthy heel cruiserweight.

Nathan Martin and Curtis Murray had a fabulous tag match against Scarlett and Graves.

B. Cool ran through an entire Ric Flair match in about 2 minutes.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:40 am

Show preview for Contenders 3. Great show really. It's worth watching the preview imo, Strickland\Devlin, and Martin\Murray+Scarlet\Graves and the 3 way with Hyperstreak\LJ Cleary\Scotty Davis do things that made people 'oh shit'.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:12 pm

They're running the Contender shows a lot closer to the main shows next year

Also on that theme, the next contenders show is stacked

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 am

Dalton Castle and The Boys pretty much confirmed for next stadium show. Sweeeet. I was only posting about how I'd like to see Castle and the boys against Angel and Team Prick.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:35 am

BohsJohnny wrote:They're running the Contender shows a lot closer to the main shows next year

Also on that theme, the next contenders show is stacked

That might not be great for the other irish promotions. Maybe it'll raise everyone's profile but if I have a choice between OTT and FFPro or MSW, it's going to be OTT for show quality every time. OTT will be running a show every 2 weeks.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm

So Aussie Open vs Jordan Devlin and Scotty Davis from Contenders 4 is well worth tracking down when it gets uploaded, one of my favorite live matches all year.

They've given four of the Contenders huge opportunities at Being the Elite

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 pm

So February is looking amazing and Devlin, Haskins and Pete Dunne still have their matches to be announced

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 am

Just wonder why they have such a horn for a cage match and running that venue. Not an original thought but Corvin probably will do something insane.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Pete Dunne vs. Ryan Smile just added.