Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Alan4L

Re: Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Post by Alan4L » Tue May 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah, this thing was such a big hit. It was the perfect version of a ENDVR/DNA/Lions Gate style show for OTT. They had a great blend of comedy, action and heart. The veterans involved did a fantastic job and really thrived in the atmosphere. The venue was awesome for it and it’s a place I’ll be excited to go back to several times a year. Nathan Martin aged 16 having his FIRST MATCH in the main event was tremendous. He looked the part, seemed technically sound and had great fire. As did his partner, Darren Kearney a grizzled veteran by comparison at the age of 18 and 2 previous matches under his belt.

themib

Post by themib » Tue May 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Katey Harvey went for a checkup on her wrist after her match at PROGRESS yesterday because she thought she broke it... she didn't, but she found out that she's broken one of her shoulders, and it's been broken for months. That's some insane shit, but I know a few wrestlers who have done stuff like that for months before finding out.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed May 31, 2017 8:09 am

Alan4L wrote:Yeah, this thing was such a big hit. It was the perfect version of a ENDVR/DNA/Lions Gate style show for OTT. They had a great blend of comedy, action and heart. The veterans involved did a fantastic job and really thrived in the atmosphere. The venue was awesome for it and it’s a place I’ll be excited to go back to several times a year. Nathan Martin aged 16 having his FIRST MATCH in the main event was tremendous. He looked the part, seemed technically sound and had great fire. As did his partner, Darren Kearney a grizzled veteran by comparison at the age of 18 and 2 previous matches under his belt.

If I was going to change anything: I think it'd help if they had the names of the contenders onscreen during the match. Just for identification purposes. And the graphics were a bit lacking for the new lads in any case.

The kids in the main definitely suited it. I could see them being squashed to fuck by the kings on an OTT Tivoli show.

Katey had real star power in this setting too, she came across so strong and like the baddest motherfucker in the ring.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 pm

they had the names in TINY writing under the Contenders logo on the screen.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:22 am

I saw that but could barely make it out. I was thinking of having the contenders name onscreen at all times. Even a shared static graphic of the wrestlers names that comes up on the board during the match. They don't use it for replays or anything so why not. No one else does it though, so maybe there's a good reason.

In other news: OTTondemand.com is live. Pivotshare streaming is go!

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 am

Also I guess its' going to be BSS vs. Tracey\Sterling\Samuels for Stranger Things? Samuels is booked but don't know for what, Tracey interfered in his match last month.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am

Just saying, that was an incredible show.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:32 am

VonLInus wrote:Just saying, that was an incredible show.
I still don't have words

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Surprised that OTT are the first ones to try a darts gimmick!

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:45 pm

That's the preview for stranger things, over the top wrestlings new show

Featuring British strong style, Matt Riddle, Moose, Jordan Devlin, Mark Haskins, Kenny Williams, Jake McCluskey, Extra Talented, Sami Callihan, Ryan Smile and more. Also Pete Dunne used me as a weapon to bash someone with. Good times. Worth checking it out on the on demand service. Probably their best show yet

https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/

Padje

Post by Padje » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:48 am

I'd hpe Bobby George Jr will provide the avenue for Gene Munny coming to OTT. He's got so much character and ability but is hampered being on promotions that no one watches outside of the live events themselves. He needs a break.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:00 pm

BLOODY HELL.

cian68

Post by cian68 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:45 pm

After managing to miss both previous British Strong Style OTT shows I had to get a ticket for this one. their match with Angel Cruz and B Cool was one of the greatest spectacles I've seen.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm

My God that trios match. Holy fucking Christ!

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Crazy to think we all kinda thought that the Kings match was the last we might see of BSS in OTT and then we got that amazing match with Angel and B-Cool and now this too. So happy.