Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
VonLInus

Re: Over The Top Wrestling - Ireland's #1!

Post by VonLInus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Maybe the London Riots vs. Kings of the north? Return match.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:04 pm

March's show sold out the seats in 4 minutes, which is pretty pretty good.

Jeff Cobb is the main import.

HURRAH FOR THE COBB.

cejuett

Post by cejuett » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

what is the full cards for this weekend shows.

BohsJohnny

Post by BohsJohnny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:09 pm

cejuett wrote:what is the full cards for this weekend shows.
Riddle vs Dunne and Devlin vs Speedball for Dublin tomorrow and every other match will be a surprise with Andrews, Bate, Kingston, Smile and Mark Haskins announced.

Belfast has Andrews vs Dunne, Bate vs Riddle, Tucker from UK Championship fame vs Charlie Sterling, nee Garrett and The Kings of the North vs The Wards in a six man.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Holy shit obviously.

Follow the bouncing ball but OTT is more aligned with RevPro/NJPW now. The mooted WWE Network is deal off.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:13 pm

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:15 pm

good for ott

thebarrylad

Post by thebarrylad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Some Saturday thoughts:

Overall great show. Awesome atmosphere as always. Some great matches and nothing outright bad. As well as all the imports, I was glad they put a good amount of attention on the Irish - they'll be important if a brutal signing war breaks out and all the foreigners are taken away. Justin Shape was great in his new role, Devlin kept strong in another good match, and Jinny being brought back to give Martina a good program heading into the big April show was all great to see. Disappointed by the lack of Kings or Lads from the Flats but obviously the show was jam packed as is.

Riddle got over like mad, which you'd expect. I was also pleasantly surprised with how Bailey did. I know he's great but he came out to a very tepid reaction. By the end, people were way into him. Scurll, of course, got a monster pop as a surprise. Galloway's reaction was also awesome, and his promo was a really neat thing to see.

On the subject of the surprises; the big negative for me was the Dunne/Riddle switcheroo. The show was still great and both guys still wrestled but still. It sucks to be told your main event has been changed literally as the show is starting. I dunno why it happened but you could speculate on all the obvious reasons. I thought it was maybe a preemptive strike by OTT to get the title on a (sorta) local guy, but the Riddle/Bate match in Belfast also getting switched makes me think maybe there *was* external forces at play. In Dublin they merely said 'unforseen circumstances' or something to that effect. I saw some chatter on twitter about rules regarding who WWE UK guys can or cannot lose to, but I wasnt made privy to the specifics, so who knows.

As for April; I'm excited. They deserve major success for all their hard work, and they've signed the right names to pull folks in -- although a Cody R style guy wouldn't go amiss. They absolutely can sell out, but it will be tough. I think going 'all ages welcome' is a good and necessary move.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:31 am

I really enjoyed the show on Saturday.

Matt Riddle seemed like a sweetheart, people weren't that into him at the start, but he's REALLY good at winning the crowd over. It's tough going against Marty because people love him. Marty snapping his toe was great.

Galloway was great to see. He seemed way more animated than at the ICW show.

Mike Bailey: I want him back, definitely. He had bags of charisma, and he was so fast.

Jinny is a terror.

The main event change I wasn't particularly happy with, but they loaded the show with incident. From Jinny coming out (I believe she was being driven in an 18 reg car at the start, which was great) to Marty, to Drew, it was surprise after surprise and none of the surprises felt like a letdown. It really builds trust that OTT know what they're doing.

cian68

Post by cian68 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Drew Galloway said he'd be back in April. He's been announced for the Belfast show in April. I haven't seen him on any advertising or announcements for Scrappermania. Am I going mad or might Drew not be on the National Stadium show?

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:30 pm

cian68 wrote:Drew Galloway said he'd be back in April. He's been announced for the Belfast show in April. I haven't seen him on any advertising or announcements for Scrappermania. Am I going mad or might Drew not be on the National Stadium show?
HE POINTED AT THE SIGN. You can't walk something like that back.

thebarrylad

Post by thebarrylad » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 pm

So the Scrappermania tickets went like hot cakes. Actually saw some people complaining (twitter and Facebook) that the front row seats were impossible to get -- they were 60 euro a pop, a big ask, and went in seconds.

OTT said 1200 were gone as of this morning. I know it's wrestling, pinch of salt etc, but I tend to believe them when they say how many tickets are gone or remaining. First three rows sold out, wheelchair accessible area sold out, and based on my timeline alone they sold a lot of GA tickets too.

Very very cool for them, and Id say a sellout is well within reach.

Hoping they load the card with big matches for locals to really hammer home that it's their 'Mania.' A pal mine got me thinking about the likelihood they'll take the title off Smile, since he's in the six man tag, and it would probably be best to have the singles title defended on the card. He'll hardly lose to Cobb in March (although who knows, that would be a neat surprise, if they could get him for April) but they are running Belfast the week before SM, so they could have any number of people take it from him there. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out! Looking forward to some more names and match announcements at the March show.

EvilJason

Post by EvilJason » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Delighted that the ticket sales have gone so well for them this morning given the risk involved in running a building with a big leap forward in capacity size than normal. Got two 2nd row tickets knowing I had to be ready at 10am on the dot.

I know they are posting the February 4th show on their Vimeo channel sometime tonight, looking forward to purchasing and reliving that show.

thebarrylad

Post by thebarrylad » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Aye, trailer is here:

That pop for Scurll!

themib

Post by themib » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 pm

The Dublin show is up on Vimeo now!