Ospreay joins NJPW

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: Ospreay joins NJPW

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Chismo wrote:So, I guess a year or two in New Japan before going to NXT? When you think about it, WWE has like 4-5 developmental systems right now.
With that logic, every company is a feeder for WWE. Which in theory is true.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:11 pm

If I was WWE I'd wait at least four years.

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Good for him. As stated earlier I'm excited for all the possible match ups he could be a part of.

losingobernablesdejp

Re: RE: Re: Ospreay joins NJPW

Post by losingobernablesdejp » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:39 pm

Robareid wrote:
losingobernablesdejp wrote:He'll be at the next EVOLVE event so who knows, maybe WWE and NJPW will start working together after all...?

Edit: April in Dallas, so he'll be with NJPW until then? Probably head to the dojo next month?
I think you're overestimating the relationship between EVOLVE and WWE. EVOLVE uses everybody, them working with guys who work NJPW really doesn't mean New Japan is working with WWE. Hell, it's been happening already for a while, look at Roppongi Vice.

By that logic Roppongi Vice work with EVOLVE and ROH so maybe ROH and NXT are working together after all?
That's why I said maybe lol

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Incredible rise for this guy in such a short time, but it feels very deserved. I would hope he'd continue to do rounds in RPW and Progress because he's such a big part of those places but also because selfishly I would love to see him live and I'm more likely to hit up England than Japan anytime soon.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:49 pm

IPW:UK debuted a new member of the Swords of Essex, Scott Wainwright, more than likely to fill the gap in the act alongside Paul Robinson when Ospreay is gone, so wherever he goes around the UK are making changes.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:35 pm

Statement from Will Ospreay (of sorts) on Instagram...

"Well it's been a strange 3 days hasn't it. Feel (sic) like the world kinda exploded and my name seems to be in the middle of it all.

Here is what I will say. In 3 days I've wrestled 5 times, in front of thousands in the biggest arenas of all time.

Day 1: I wrestled one of my best friends @MandrewsTNA (Mark Andrews) to kick off the entire Impact Wrestling tour in Manchester Arena.

Day 2: I wrestled in Wembley Arena... WEMBLEY F'N ARENA. WTF! The best thing about it was hearing my name bring (sic) sung like I was in the Ballroom (Electric Ballroom, home of PROGRESS) but times 10.

Day 3: Finished it all off in Birmingham Arena. In my first ever ladder match... well kinda ladder match, it was like a backwards ladder match with a cage (King of the Mountain Match). It's hard to explain but there was a ladder damn it.

Fact is people have an opinion on TNA, whatever it was at one point we all wanted to wrestle in that 6 sided ring. And I did, and I did it with my friends by my side and family in the stands.

Thank you to TNA for bringing me on the tour and looking after me.

And as far as my current stand point on where does my loyalty lie. I'd rather not say as its (sic) between me & the company but what I will say is this.

Time waits for no one, and my time is coming up. No matter what I'm doing or where I'm going I'll be flying the flag for British Wrestling.

Thank you for all the praises and your patience. Hope I've done you proud guys."

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:45 am

I can think of 5 dope match-ups for Ospreay in the juniors off the top of my head. This should be really fun.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Cody being Cody replying to Will's statement:

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 am

rovert wrote:Cody being Cody replying to Will's statement:
Legit laughed out loud at this. Even after the poor guy went out of his way to NOT name names in the statement. What a dope.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Guess Will has to knock IPW UK on the head after joining New Japan:

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Kind of unsure on what thread this should go in:

Ospreay needs to be added to Joe's list of people who need to stay off social media. He should probably stop doing interviews as well. Holy shit this kid has came off as insufferable since the Ricochet match.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Ever since the Vader "incident" I feel like someone should level him off with few punches in the nose. Japan will remember Vader in 50 years from now. Not so sure about Ospreay.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Ospreay did climb down about the Hardys thing, for the record. He said he had only seen the small clip when he did that interview, but has since seen the whole thing and liked it. Funny, that reminds me of another recent incident that required a watch of the whole item in question... ;)