New Japan/ROH relationship

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
cherrylimeaid

New Japan/ROH relationship

Post by cherrylimeaid » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I thought once upon a time I saw this thread. If the admins think it should go under the New Japan catchall that's fine.

I just have not heard this mentioned much with all people departing NJPW. I think the way or the viewpoint on this has changed drastically. When the deal or shows were signed mid last year it seemed like ROH was truly blessed to be the US promotion that New Japan sent its talent too. The shows with New Japan talent were the top rated, and even sending Elgin to New Japan seemed to elevate ROH as far as he went.

Fast forward to today even taking into account that the Young Bucks are signed ROH talent now. No Tanaka, Kometsu, Doc, Gallows, and most importantly AJ and Nakamura. New Japan has a roster of talent in ROH they can draw upon and people there that are probably more than willing to fill in voids in New Japan. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seems this relationship and who it benefits the most has done a complete 180, and I haven't heard it brought up that much.

Leo C

Re: New Japan/ROH relationship

Post by Leo C » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't know, I think ROH is still gonna benefit a lot from the joint shows they're going to do in Japan and Chicago. Granted Nakamura and many from the BC are gone, but I still think it's gonna help them get a big house/buyrate whenever they get them. Also, New Japan has been getting a lot of guys from ROH even before these dudes left, I don't think this will change much. Maybe they'll get one or two guys from ROH but I don't see this as a shift in the balance of power in this relationship at all (although it does get me more hopeful for Roddy in the G1).

PKThree

Re: New Japan/ROH relationship

Post by PKThree » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Komatsu and Tanaka are going to be working in ROH as well. But they'll be based out of CMLL and CMLL is where they will be doing their primary amount of work.