NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 2016

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
GOTNW

Re: NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 2016

Post by GOTNW » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:52 am

Kamaitachi-Dragon Lee was a great match and Kamaitachi's (most likely temporary) return was handled perfectly. But I can't help but worry considering how poorly they've pushed KUSHIDA and the last time a home grown junior got pushed without any nonsense was probably when Choshu was booking (Gedo and Jado may have took over by the time Wataru Inoue was champion. But that would also include Wataru Inoue being champion so........). Anyway I think Kamaitachi is the best junior New Japan has had since Ohtani and just wish New Japan treated juniors better so he'd have a higher chance of succeeding.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:22 am

Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi was top notch and now my second rated match for the year. Kamaitachi was obviously working with a different swagger and confidence in his own country than we saw previously in Mexico. This was a "spot-fest" done the right way. Neither guy had any regard for their own safety when they were hitting moves to the outside. That Senton from Kamaitachi looked like it could kill him. Loved his roll-over germans as well.

Kamaitachi/Kushida needs to happen sooner than later.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 am

I think Kamaitachi has said he wants to move up to heavy. So he might not be a junior for long/if at all if he gets his wish

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:04 pm

For my first Fantasticamania, I have to say it was pretty good. The ring work overall was amazing and the stories told (Lee vs. Kamaitatchi, Tanaka and Kohmatsu leaving etc.) were great. It took me all three New Japan World show to figure out what was going on though as I don't watch CMLL. I loved how New Japan just embraced this, I loved that their ring announcer has his best mariachi duds on and did anyone else see KUSHIDA's wrist watch "mask"?

Great show overall, If I watch it next year, I'll know most of the key players going in. On to the New Beginning.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Tachi is just too damn good to be wasted in Jr. Division. He should be in G1 and collect a scalp or two.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 am

He's said, in an interview the day after the Lee match, that he's going back to Mexico. Won't be working in Japan anytime soon by all accounts.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm

I thought Kamaitachi was talking about how the juniors are good but can never defeat the heavyweight and he wants to change that
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:56 am

One of the coolest things about New Japan (and CMLL I suppose) is how well they work with other promotions and help expose fans to the broader world of pro wrestling. I really haven't watched much CMLL in the past - I've mostly just seen that series of Kamaitachi and Dragon Lee matches because I wanted to see what all of the (thoroughly justified) hype was all about - but after watching these Fantasticamania shows I realized that I had to subscribe to thecubsfan's YouTube channel so that I can keep up with their product. I'll definitely be watching anything involving Barbaro Cavernario, Titan, Kamaitachi (assuming that he's staying in Mexico), Dragon Lee, Volador Jr., or Fuego. And of course I've gotta keep up with Mascara Dorada and the young lions on excursion.

losingobernablesdejp

Post by losingobernablesdejp » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:00 am

Yeah that's one thing they do that WWE can certainly learn from and not have the same pitfalls as TNA. NJPW work with promotions all over the world and that's great. I for one will probably keep track of CMLL on YouTube since we have Shohei, Kamaitachi and Naito all headed to/back to Mexico.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:13 am

Except WWE is not interested in co-promoting and shit, all they want is consume and loot. They will namedrop a promotion or wrestler every now and then, just to throw the marks a bone, Marvel universe style. You'll never see "WWE & NJPW present", don't kid yourselves, it's all a matter of perception and image.

losingobernablesdejp

Post by losingobernablesdejp » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:17 am

Well Puroresu will live on for many years to come. So surprised AJPW has been around so long, had no idea NOAH was started in the mid 2000's

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:25 pm

The main event of 1/20 was pretty fun.