NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 (Official Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Tigerkinney

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 (Official Discussion)

Post by Tigerkinney » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Must admit, even though I felt this years Wrestle Kingdom was arguably the best from an in-ring perspective- the lack of pomp and ceremony did take away from this years event, to the point that it did indeed feel like a jacked up Ryogoku Kokugigan show (I just wanted to be pretentious and type Ryogoku Kokugigan rather than Sumo Hall :D )

Anyway only thing I can put it down to is them tightening the budget, due to business not quite being as good as they hoped last year. Last year they had an excuse to cut down on the extravagance due to having to fit the show into a tight four hour slot with it also airing on U.S PPV. This year I expected the return of Deloreans, velociraptors and strippers and all I got was Taguchi doing a ropey Doc Brown cosplay :lol:

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Fun fact: 18 out of 30 (or 60%) WK10 card entrants were gaijin, and yet NJ World only has 15% gaijin subscribers.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:05 pm

UO but as i still continue to go through New Years Dash SLOWLY I have to say the English commentary just seems to get better as these shows go on. I remember things being a bit rough and a little detracting at King of Pro Wrestling (especially in the main event) but as i'm half way through New Year Dash I gotta say I think Kelly and Striker are getting quite good at this and doing a pretty good job. OBviously you are always going to get your Strikerisms but all in all I wouldn't mind more shows of them on commentary this year.