Grimy Japanese Indie Wrestling

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
van Fair

Grimy Japanese Indie Wrestling

Post by van Fair » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:14 pm

I think it is high time that this board gets a thread where we can talk about all the stuff going on in the bowels of the Japanese Wrestling scene.

Here the card of the recent 20 Year Anniversary of VOW favorite NOSAWA OUT OF THE QUESTION. Personally I think this beats Tenryus retirement show in terms of grime.

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=1&nr=142256&page=3
Six Man Tag Team Match
Alexander Otsuka, Hideki Suzuki & Takuya Kai vs. Kotaro Nasu, Ryo Kawamura & Tomohiko Hashimoto
Tokyo Intercontinental Tag Team Title Match
Chikara & Mitsuo Momota (c) vs. Kikutaro & Stalker Ichikawa
Singles Match
FUJITA vs. Seiya Sanada
Tag Team Match
Kazunari Murakami & Minoru Suzuki vs. Suguru Miyatake & Yoshihiro Takayama
Tokyo World Heavyweight Title Match
MAZADA (c) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki
Eight Man Tag Team Match
Dory Funk Jr., Great Kabuki, Masakatsu Funaki & Mil Mascaras vs. CIMA, Kaz Hayashi, NOSAWA Rongai & Yoshiaki Fujiwara

That main event tag match just wow. If Masakatsu fucking Funaki is the youngest guy on his team by a solid 20! years you know you have something special in front of you. Funaki was born in 1969 and all of the other guys on his team were already wrestling at that time. Just please someone tell me that this made tape, because I have to watch this right now. Not to spoil any of the results, but apparently the Main Event went 16 minutes, which I simply can not imagine to be true without any of the participants dying.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Statoke

Re: Grimy Japanese Indie Wrestling

Post by Statoke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Grimy puro is the best, I'd take a grimy complete mess of a show than a well produced but boring show (NOAH!). If only we could get some Secret Base or 666 up in here. If I ever went to Japan then these types of shows would be a must.

Hope it got filmed, if you were going to film anything from Tokyo Gurentai then this would be it. I really want to see MAZADA/Mochizuki and how could that main event not interest you?
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

skrambr0

Post by skrambr0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 am

the NOSAWA show airs on the 8th iirc...

i don't fuck that heavy with shows that ppl often call 'sleazy' or whatever because: 1. hard to get a hold of, and 2. honestly a lot of times with stuff i've seen in the past that 'sleaze hype' either falls flat or just isn't there and leaves the event to come across as 'avg shitty' rather than 'perversely-entertaining shitty', you know?

That said I def get the occasional impulse to scope youtube for recent Wallabee-style or university shows (which I assume ppl would deem the zenith in lo-fi sleaze productions) because I think they're super fun - very cool DIY vibes and refreshing to watch.

wac

Post by wac » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:51 am

van Fair wrote:Eight Man Tag Team Match
Dory Funk Jr., Great Kabuki, Masakatsu Funaki & Mil Mascaras vs. CIMA, Kaz Hayashi, NOSAWA Rongai & Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Oh my god

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm

So how much money did NOSAWA lose on this show I wonder. Also, combined age on one team 257!

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:09 pm

:lol:

The closest thing to grimy indies I watch is GUTS. Never been a fan of "so bad and stupid and random it's good" type shows, and Daisuke and Yoshino, etc. aren't like that, they're legit great wrestlers.

I always think Real Japan cards look awesome with guys like Ishikawa, Hideki, Daisuke, Sekimoto, etc. but can never watch them so that makes me sad. :(
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Just watched that eight man tag, and damn, that was awesome. Highly entertaining, with Dory Funk being the highlight, quite honestly. It was fun to see Mil and Fujiwara move so fast in comparison at first, but when he got the whip... greatness ensued.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 pm

The Suzuki tag is worth watching too.
Last edited by ceftaxias on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 am

Does anyone know if i can find this Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Masakatsu Funaki match anywhere? I'd really like to see that match!

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Surprised they even film RJPW with all the criminal in the audience.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:46 pm

I'm not sure i've heard that story before. Do they have connections?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't know if its true but we do joke about RJPW having more Yakuza than a Pride event.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:18 pm

The Yoshino/Daisuke match from the 12/5 GUTS World show is awesome. Everyone go watch it.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:19 pm

I have a different Daisuke match for guys to watch: Daisuke Masaoka vs. Yuko Miyamoto from FREEDOMS was really good.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm behind on the flagship, so i listened to an early December episode today, where Joe mentioned Occupation of the Indies not being uploaded anymore. So here is the December episode for you guys.