GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
JustPuroLove

Re: GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Post by JustPuroLove » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26 pm

I just started DDT's show from earlier today on VOD... and It's not that good.
I can't jump to another time, so I've to watch it from the start and also the VOD keeps freezing every couple of seconds to buffer.

Any idea why there are that many problems?
Especially the buffer problem sucks, because up- and down-speed isn't a problem at all - however, the live stream isn't choppy at all.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:17 pm

JustPuroLove wrote:I just started DDT's show from earlier today on VOD... and It's not that good.
I can't jump to another time, so I've to watch it from the start and also the VOD keeps freezing every couple of seconds to buffer.

Especially the buffer problem sucks, because up- and down-speed isn't a problem at all - however, the live stream isn't choppy at all.
You can jump ahead if you update the app (I couldn't with mine either until I updated, then I could). It doesn't jump ahead the way you'd expect, as in you can't fast-forward to a spot, but if you go to the bar at the bottom and move it ahead it will jump ahead. The main issue I had is that it doesn't go back, so if I missed something I was just SOL.

My stream was always solid on VOD so I can't comment on that, the two shows I recorded from VOD before the service stopped working both recorded with no freezing/buffering/etc.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:22 pm

No problems on my TV Box either.

By the way, fast forward and rewinding both works flawless on the TV box version as well. I'm streaming the 11/6 Dragon Gate show in great 1080i quality right now.

I assume you're trying the PC version that was linked earlier. Maybe judoka or BohsJohnny would be of better help, as they also seem to have tried that version. If you're trying the tablet version, then i don't know.

judoka607

Post by judoka607 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:35 pm

JustPuroLove wrote:I just started DDT's show from earlier today on VOD... and It's not that good.

I think it is a speed problem due to the distance from the server. For example without VPN service I can not watch the iHome2 on my android Tv box, because the stream stops and stops again. When I used the APK with Droid4x android emulator I was able to use it without VPN, but sometimes had to make some server adjustment. So It would be useful to know what version you use to give some recommendation.

JustPuroLove

Post by JustPuroLove » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:06 am

judoka607 wrote:So It would be useful to know what version you use to give some recommendation.
I actually tried the Windows version and I downloaded it from the website yesterday.
If so, can you recommend any VPN service(s) which I could try?

Thanks again! :)

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:58 am

Ok, so I bought the Nexus Player android TV box.

Here's the problem. There seems to be a limited amount of Google apps that it will operate. When I run a search for New Japan World, NJW won't even appear. So there is no way to download the NJW app, let alone the sketchy Japanese TV app required for the Japanese TV streaming.

I can cast NJW from my laptop to the player, but it has the same choppy casting issues as the piece of shit and completely and utterly useless piece of trash that is Chromecast.

So the Nexus Player is a total bust on the puro front, so don't buy it. It can't do anything my Roku doesn't do already, but I have two other TV's in the house, so I'll just use it as a Netflix/Hulu player in another room so it isn't a total waste of money (like the completely useless and utter piece of shit that Chromecast is).

So my question is this... which Android TV boxes support NJW and this Japanese TV app?

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:38 am

Jimmy said every box that runs Android v4.4 or later and is quad core should work. I am not familiar with the Nexus Player, but if it lives up to those requirements, then i can't say why it doesn't work on it.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:00 am

Morten VH wrote:Jimmy said every box that runs Android v4.4 or later and is quad core should work. I am not familiar with the Nexus Player, but if it lives up to those requirements, then i can't say why it doesn't work on it.
idk

When I go to the Google Play Store, and search "New Japan World", it doesn't come up. It seems like it's preloaded with apps or only runs apps from specific developers.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 am

I really can't tell you then. Sounds like extra security measures has been made with your box, to make sure it isn't used for any illegal purposes. Either that, or it's an outdated model.

Have you tried sideloading the app, meaning downloading the app on an USB stick and installing it that way?

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:59 pm

I assume you have a browser on it Joe. If so search for New Japan World apk and download it manually.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:57 pm

So the TV Archive had some buffering issues for a couple of days, so i told Jimmy and he said they moved some server closer to my location, and now my archive works perfect again. I gotta say dealing with Jimmy and japannettv is one of my best costumer experiences ever. He really won't rest until it works for me.

xmantobby

Post by xmantobby » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:53 pm

it looks like it has gone up to $220.00

xmantobby

Post by xmantobby » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm

has anyone tried on an Android box yet to see if the Samurai TV app works...i haven't gotten my box in the mail yet but i have watched a bunch of video's on how it works and it seems like some of them can get locked over seas apps to open most of the boxes look like they come from japan and i was just wondering if anyone has tried this yet.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I've had it for two weeks now, and it's everything I've ever dreamed about. When i use the TV Archive, it buffers for about 10 seconds every 5 minutes or so, but i haven't experienced a single buffering second on the live feed yet. I love it! I wish i had more hours in the day to watch puro stuff, as there's so much to watch.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 am

Just wanted to bump this up and give Morten a huge thanks. I followed basically all his instructions and even got the same box and now I'm livin' the same Japanese TV life and it's fantastic. Just being able to turn on Gaora and watch DG whenever I want is a dream come true, and getting to hear the real themes on Samurai is pretty cool too. It works really well for me for the most part, although oddly enough I have way less problems with the live stream than the VOD; however, any occasional streaming issues are almost always solved by turning it off and trying again in a half hour or something, no big deal. If you're on the fence about this wondering if it works just wanted to let you know it's working for me too and it's wonderful!

One thing though: as mentioned, I got the same Android box as Morten (the Tronsmart Orion R68) and I think he mentioned he got NJPW World to work on it? I have tried but can't get it to work. I have the app installed fine but when I click on a video to play, instead of opening the app to play it (like it would on my old Android phone) I get some kind of weird error message in Japanese and that's it, it doesn't play. I think Morten mentioned he got it to work on his box so wondering if I'm doing something wrong there? Thanks again for the help setting this up and the awesome spreadsheet!