GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

You can fast forward in the archive. You just can't rewind. So just start at 20:00 and fast forward an hour. You fast forward on the bar at the bottom that comes up when you hit space.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Completely forgot to mention this:

You can also watch RAW, SmackDown & NXT on J Sports. They are all English language broadcasts.

So now you also got an HD live stream for RAW every Monday night. :D

If you want to watch RAW, NXT or SmackDown at any point after the show has aired, check the link below and find the corresponding program in the TV Archive.
http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/japan

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 pm

I hadn't seen how to fast forward before, whenever I try it just jumps back to where it was. Did you update the app? When I first load up it always asks if I want to update and I say no, afraid it will break it.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 pm

I did say yes to update it. That may be it.

The bar at the bottom is broken btw. Instead of thinking the number on the left, as the time passed of the episode so far, think of it as the amount of time you'd like to fast forward. So let's say you're 33 minutes into the show, and would like to jump forward 6 minutes. The natural thing would be to move to the 39 minute mark. Instead you have to move it back to the 6 minute mark, in order to fast forward 6 minutes. Very confusing, but you'll get used to it after a while.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:12 am

Joe Lanza wrote:This feels like a real game changer. The archive is like a built in DVR.

Out of curiosity, is this legal?
I forgot to answer this question. The way i understand it, it's a grey zone. It's not illegal, because there aren't any other way you can obtain the channels. So you're not taking money off of someone elses table so to speak. If you were to buy the service, to use it in Japan, it would be illegal. But since you're not in Japan, then it's technically still illegal but at the same time it's not.

btw. there are now TV Guides in GMT and EST times as well.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:51 am

Yep, I just needed to update, now jumping ahead works as you describe. Maybe in a future update they can allow rewinding :)

Its probably illegal but most the ways I watch puro are illegal so I'll get over it.

Puroman

Post by Puroman » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Giving a little heads up with my struggle to get things to work. The guy writing me all the e-mails really helped me and he seems to be very competent. Though my stream gets stuck while buffering up to 99% and I can't access the archives either. After I've been told to go to the options to change some settings with the connection, I came across a button, which I needed to press as instructed (that on the bottom left, when you're about to choose a channel to livestream) ,that didn't really bring me anywhere. I tried clicking it like crazy but it won't let me into the menu of the options. Really odd. But I guess you guys are having more luck out there watching some of that television.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Yes the guy that you can speak with, seems really nice!

Have you tried what SeniorLariato described earlier, and delete the apps stored data?

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Yea Jimmy seems friendly (although I doubt that is his real name), for some reason mine shows the wrong ID at the top but he said not to worry about it as long as it works. And he also did confirm I could update the app which was scared to do.

SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Can anyone recommend a good screen recorder? Grabbed an episode of AJW Classics with Open Broadcaster but couldn't figure out how to make it not record the player buttons at the bottom of the screen without having to do a crop & re-encode of the resulting file.

Also, seems the trial is longer than 24hrs, I've still got access for the moment.
Last edited by SenorLARIATO on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:58 am

I use Camtasia, since it allows you to make your own boundaries so I can exclude the buttons.

SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:05 am

Excellent, I'll give it a go - just noticed that Open Broadcaster program was picking up the laptop's microphone as well, doubled the audio and recorded a couple of my mates talking about Fallout 4, whoops! :lol:

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:53 am

I am almost overwhelmed now that I realize that SamuraiTV basically just shows wrestling all day. Watching a one hour BJW special on Yuko Miyamoto right now, showing some of his early big matches. Good stuff.

Haya

Post by Haya » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 am

Just want to say a huge thankyou for this. I've activated my trial and am absolutely loving it, going to watch as much as possible tonight to check the stream quality and consistency I'd be getting if I purchased. If it works like it is now, I'll be buying a membership for sure.

Again, thanks very much for your work and clear instructions, soo happy to be able to watch Samurai =p

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Excited to finally dive in myself tonight.