GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Post by Morten VH » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Image Have you ever spent hours on Google, trying to find a way to watch Japanese wrestling channels? Have you ever spent hours looking at various message boards, reading stories from other people who have experience with acquiring Japanese channels, yet you can't seem to figure out how they got them? If you are like me, you have probably spent a good amount of time doing exactly this.

Chances are, that you’ve probably heard about IPTV at one point or another, while searching through the internet. You’ve probably wondered what’s up and down with IPTV, and if they really work or if it’s all just a scam. Can you really trust some people in China, who promise to send you a box with the mail all the way from China, if you pay them 500 dollars first? And do you even want to go through all that hassle? What if the box doesn’t work when it arrives? IPTV has always been a jungle, and that has kept people away from getting Japanese channels at home. That is the way i have felt for the longest time.

Not anymore.

After years of searching, i stumbled upon japannettv. Normally with IPTV, you get a pre-installed box sent to your home address. Japannettv however, sells the software without the box. Even better is it, that they just send you a download link, so you don’t have to wait for an international shipment. The best part is, that the file is just a simple .apk file. For those of you who doesn’t know, that is the file name associated with Android programs. They sell you the file, so you can install it on your own Android TV box, if you want to acquire the box yourself.

Step 1: Aquire the IPTV

What you need to do, is to follow the link below:

https://japannettv.com/shop/index.php?r ... duct_id=55

That link will lead you to the japannettv website. The product you want is the ” Android iHome2 (Raku TV) APK with 1 year subscription”. Make sure not to buy the renewal or the TV Box, unless you are interested in a TV box or need to renew your subscription. Just follow the link posted above.

If you’re feeling a little uneasy about paying a lot of money for somthing, that you don't know will work for sure, then don’t worry. You can get a 24 hour trial, completely FREE. That means that you can install the IPTV app on your computer, and see for yourself that this works! You can apply for a free trial further down the page that is linked above.

I received my trial a couple of hours after applying. I tested it and everything worked flawless. I felt like i had hit the jackpot. I had dreamed about watching SamuraiTV for years, and suddenly i was watching the live stream right in front of me. I immediately went to the site, and brought the 1 year subscription. I received my account on Thursday of this week, and everything works flawless.

When you place your order, make sure to input the coupon code ”73836514”. That code will give you $10 off on the product. The total will then be $180 for a 1 year subscription to the service. That is $15 per month!!

The text in the spoiler is outdated. Bluestacks doesn't work as it doesn't have a real MAC-Address. It does work for testing out the trial version however. See the first 5 pages in this thread, for alternatives that works.
► Show Spoiler
When you first open up the app, you will be met by a login screen. You will receive your login details via e-mail, after you’ve made your purchase. If you enter the details wrong, you will be met by a big wall of text in Japanese, and a button that you can’t click. That’s a failure message. I was met with the failure screen at first, but then contacted the people at japannettv. They were really nice to talk with, and got it to work for me. If you input the correct details, you will be met by this screen.

This is the IPTV hub. The blue button on the top left leads you to all the TV channels. Here you can watch all of your TV channels live.
The orange button on the bottom left, is the one you are going to use the most. That is the TV ARCHIVE! Yes that is correct. You can watch all of your channels up to 7 days back! That means that you get access to a whole archive of pro wrestling to enjoy, at a moments notice. The TV archive works just as flawless as the live stream.

To navigate the archive, find the show you want to watch, and then sit back and enjoy.

But how do i know what is what, when it is all in Japanese?... Say hello to ”PuroresuOnDemand”.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... o6brH0j4g/

This is a project i have been working on since i got the service. This is a full list of everything, that you can watch in the TV Archive. That means you just have to look up the air date & time of the show, and find the corresponding air date & time in the list of programs in the archive. I made it, in an attempt to make this feel as close as possible to a real puroresu on demand streaming service. Bookmark the PuroresuOnDemand spreadsheet, so you can keep track of what shows are available! There are a section for new programming, a section for archival programming and a TV Guide in English!

Step 4: Profit

Enjoy all the Japanese television you have always dreamed about owning! Now you can be a fan, just as if you lived in Japan yourself! It's truly a new day, yes it is..

If you got any questions, comments or suggestions, then feel to post a response to this thread, contact me via PM, or contact me on Twitter https://twitter.com/mortenvh

Enjoy. :D
Last edited by Morten VH on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kevin Wilson

Re: GUIDE: How to watch Japanese wrestling channels!!

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:10 am

Since it is Sunday in Japan (I think?) there may be a day delay to anyone testing it, just a heads up :) I'll report back if I have any luck, I am giving it a whirl.

SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 am

Awesome, thanks man. Gonna give this a go, just awaiting my free trial - last time I looked into IPTV it was all via expensive physical boxes with costly international shipping, an app I can download is much more preferable though. Really hope this works for me, I'll definitely subscribe.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:01 pm

SenorLARIATO wrote:Awesome, thanks man. Gonna give this a go, just awaiting my free trial - last time I looked into IPTV it was all via expensive physical boxes with costly international shipping, an app I can download is much more preferable though. Really hope this works for me, I'll definitely subscribe.
So if it works for you can we expect some Big Japan live giffing in the future? ;)
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:38 pm

This may be the cause of SenorLARIATO never sleeping again. RIP.

The cool thing from looking at the guide is most of the shows I care about air around 22:00 which is 8 AM EST. To me that is a much more reasonable time to watch wrestling, not those afternoon shows that start at 2 AM or something.

Question that probably no one can answer for certain - what happens if the website just disappears one day? I guess the app will just stop working and that will be the end of the show, hopefully they get enough purchases to make it worth not just closing shop without warning.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:01 pm

van Fair wrote:
SenorLARIATO wrote:Awesome, thanks man. Gonna give this a go, just awaiting my free trial - last time I looked into IPTV it was all via expensive physical boxes with costly international shipping, an app I can download is much more preferable though. Really hope this works for me, I'll definitely subscribe.
So if it works for you can we expect some Big Japan live giffing in the future? ;)
The reason why i make the live airings so prominent in the Google Doc, is the hope that we will start live tweeting about other promotions than New Japan. And it's gonna be so nice, to be able to watch some of these major shows unspoiled!
Kevin Wilson wrote: The cool thing from looking at the guide is most of the shows I care about air around 22:00 which is 8 AM EST. To me that is a much more reasonable time to watch wrestling, not those afternoon shows that start at 2 AM or something.
The good thing is that you can watch every show from the past 7 days in the Archive, so you can watch what you want, when you want to. Just look up the air time in the Google Doc.
Kevin Wilson wrote:Question that probably no one can answer for certain - what happens if the website just disappears one day? I guess the app will just stop working and that will be the end of the show, hopefully they get enough purchases to make it worth not just closing shop without warning.
I don't know what will happen. I just pray it doesn't.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:16 pm

This feels like a real game changer. The archive is like a built in DVR.

Out of curiosity, is this legal?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Suggestion for the doc. Maybe convert the times to EST & GMT? Obviously if you're in Japan you don't need the times.

SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Incidentally, how does one go about capping from IPTV? Do you have to use a screen recorder and leave it running, or is there a better solution?

abrasiveobelisksa

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:42 pm

So basically, we get all the Puro drops now?

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Another suggestion for the doc: Since it is so long and detailed (which is awesome!), I'd put the header at the top of the page and freeze the row, that way as someone scrolls down the list the row with what the times mean will always stay on the page.

I at first agreed with Joe but making him do more work to convert the times when we could do it ourselves seems a bit mean :P Unless he set up a formula or something to change the times, it would be hard to put in enough timezones to make everyone happy.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:08 pm

SenorLARIATO wrote:Incidentally, how does one go about capping from IPTV? Do you have to use a screen recorder and leave it running
Yes, unfortunately this is the only way that i know off.
Kevin Wilson wrote:Another suggestion for the doc: Since it is so long and detailed (which is awesome!), I'd put the header at the top of the page and freeze the row, that way as someone scrolls down the list the row with what the times mean will always stay on the page.

I at first agreed with Joe but making him do more work to convert the times when we could do it ourselves seems a bit mean :P Unless he set up a formula or something to change the times, it would be hard to put in enough timezones to make everyone happy.
I tried freezing it at the top. How does that look?

The times are all in JST, because the programs are sorted after air time in the TV Archive. When you find the show you watch, you find the date & time that it aired. Then you go into the IPTV Archive and click on the corresponding date & time. That's why the times are in Japanese. Outside of the live airings, you're never even gonna need to convert JST to your own time zone.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Morten VH wrote: I tried freezing it at the top. How does that look?
Perfect :) I had to learn that trick for my spreadsheets, people's brains quickly forget what column's mean. I have no idea why.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:31 am

I can confirm.... it works. Great job buddy, a winner is YOU.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:36 am

Kevin Wilson wrote:I can confirm.... it works. Great job buddy, a winner is YOU.
Awesome brother! :D