The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Padje

Re: The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Post by Padje » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 pm

BBC have Iplayered the Arena documentary on Kendo Nagasaki and Peter Blake from 1992. I think this is referenced a lot in that The Wrestling book.

It's a good watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... the-canvas

themib

Post by themib » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:31 pm

It's my last BritWres live show of 2015 today, IPW:UK Christmas Cracker 2015 in Tonbridge. Looks a fun card...

*IPW:UK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Jimmy Havoc (c) vs. "Santa Claus" (almost certainly a mystery wrestler who'll reveal themselves mid-match)
*IPW:UK ALL-ENGLAND CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Sammy Smooth (c) vs. Joey Ryan
*IPW:UK TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: DND (Cieran Donnelly & Danny Duggan) (c) vs. The GZRS (Sebastian & Tom Irvin)
*IPW:UK WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Addy Starr vs. Tennessee Honey (Special Referee: Jetta)
*2/3 FALLS WORLD OF SPORT STYLE RULES MATCH: Johnny Kidd vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (Special Referee: Steve Grey)
*Scott Star & Tom Dawkins vs. Swords of Essex (Paul Robinson & Will Ospreay)
*D-Generation Mex (Jonathan Windsor & Mexican Eagle) & Sexy Cupid vs. Darrell Allen & The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch)

Ospreay as a heel should be an interesting watch. That Women's Title match is an interesting first match, given they just made that a match, and didn't do a tournament for it.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:08 am

Southside have released Will Ospreay vs. Roderick Strong from their July show for free.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:40 am

BritWres End of Year Awards Thread:

http://voicesofwrestling.com/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=785

themib

Post by themib » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:42 pm

A bit of history is going to be made on March 20th - Pro Wrestling EVE are returning after three years away from running regular shows (though they do have offer matches as part of XWA), and they'll be running the first ever women's wrestling show in London at Cargo in Shoreditch. Women's wrestling was only made legal in London in 1987, after by-laws were put in place once Mountevans Rules were installed in the 1950s. There's been more than enough women's wrestling matches in London since then, but not a whole show. Rhia O'Reilly (the current EVE Champion) and Nikki Storm are the first two wrestlers announced.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:03 pm

So what's the final take on 5* Wrestling? I'm mostly confused. You run big arenas with big names, dream matches, then you fail to pack them (as can be expected), they're supposedly promotion for a videogame but according to some people at the shows the video game was barely mentioned. I'm sure they had some decent matches, though some were given sadly little time (AJ vs Rey ran just about 10mins I hear?). I wonder if they'll ever be put out on VOD or something. Strange business...

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 am

suplexberry wrote:So what's the final take on 5* Wrestling? I'm mostly confused. You run big arenas with big names, dream matches, then you fail to pack them (as can be expected), they're supposedly promotion for a videogame but according to some people at the shows the video game was barely mentioned. I'm sure they had some decent matches, though some were given sadly little time (AJ vs Rey ran just about 10mins I hear?). I wonder if they'll ever be put out on VOD or something. Strange business...
Starting the first night late with a contract signing for the next night's main event is a great example of what happens when you think Monday Night Raw is the entirety of wrestling.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Anyone know when the PCW/ROH shows will be available?

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 pm

They currently have a DVD delay of about four months so... Marchish?

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Damn... they need to strike when the iron is hot!

Well at this point they might as well wait until ROH turns hot again around May.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:33 pm

PCW are PCW. They're not aiming at the hardcore wrestling fan, which just makes the ROH affiliation all the stranger.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Hmm.. yeah it really does. Wondering what ROH gets out of this deal too.

Speaking of, i wonder how long before RPW & ROH enters some kind of relationship, since they're already connected through NJPW and the ROH title was defended recently.

Also a three-way show with all three promotions would be great, but maybe i'm just dreaming. But seriously i can't see why it shouldn't be possible.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:51 am

Dalton Castle, Hanson and Raymond Rowe are returning for separate PCW shows in April. Castle is also doing Tidal Championship Wrestling's April show.

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 am

themib wrote:Dalton Castle, Hanson and Raymond Rowe are returning for separate PCW shows in April. Castle is also doing Tidal Championship Wrestling's April show.
I hope TIdal book Dalton Castle vs Jack Sexsmith.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:23 am

You should all look out for FPW Reloaded 5.0 when it's released on DVD or VOD. Ryan Smile vs. Will Ospreay was another European MOTYC, which went about 20 minutes, and had everyone at the venue on their feet. I'd say about ****1/4.