The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
supersonic

Re: The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Observer:
The WWE indicated to some of their U.K. wrestlers they were looking at doing the weekly U.K. television show starting early next year and are starting once again to book some buildings as placeholders in case the television deal comes through. They were looking at several people from the tryout last week in Manchester for the project if the TV deal come to fruition

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 am

Serious question: Was 2009 like the quietest year ever for British Wrestling? I'm looking on Cagematch and by 2009 promotions were either dying or not yet established/peaking.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Hyped for Riptide Wrestling in Brighton on Saturday... even more so now that Jinny is replacing Kid Lykos to team up with Chris Brookes and Travis Banks against Jimmy Havoc, Mike Bird and Wild Boar! That on top of Morgan Webster vs. Matt Cross and Omari vs. Millie McKenzie!

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I am sure some of the BritWres people on here have already seen it, but EVE are running York Hall the Saturday night of SSS16 Weekend and have Viper vs Aja Kong and Kay Lee Ray vs Meiko Satomura.

As someone who only knows the walk from Euston to Camden, how easy is it to get from Alexandra Palace to York Hall in under an hour and can it be done on a Bank Holiday Saturday night?

Very tempted to do it...

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 pm

If you taxi it, 100%. Otherwise it'll be very difficult, probably around an hour on trains.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:41 am

A big coach is being organised between Alexandra Palace and York Hall, room for around 50.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Fight Club PRO learned today never to sell tickets on Christmas Day ever again - PayPal played up badly, and kept giving people pending notices, claiming they violated a payment agreement, so plenty of people who were going for front row in Wolverhampton and Manchester for the Dream Tag Team Invitational Tournament missed out and had to settle for tickets further back. Anyone who paid with a debit card got their tickets. Martin Zaki said he'd look into the matter, and make it up to the fans affected.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm at Fight Club PRO tonight... do they pull the trigger and put the strap on Millie McKenzie?

themib

Post by themib » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 am

themib wrote:I'm at Fight Club PRO tonight... do they pull the trigger and put the strap on Millie McKenzie?
The answer is...
► Show Spoiler

themib

Post by themib » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 am

The snow is causing havoc with the Riptide Wrestling double header in Brighton tonight and tomorrow - Jordan Devlin and Martina won't be able to make their match with Moustache Mountain, and other talents may be doubts too, and fans coming from long distances aren't able to make it. Shame as there's some super fun matches lined up.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 am

Walter vs. David Starr from Fight Club Pro is really really great.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 pm

Ended up selling my Fight Club Pro ticket in Manchester due to a few things popping up last minute that I couldn't avoid.

I had front row and all I wanted to see was Pete Dunne vs Fenix and Penta in person. Penta was "ill" again and never turned up whilst Dunne vs Fenix ended up turning into a three way with Sami Callihan. To say I would have been disappointed with that would have been a huge understatement. Glad I sold the ticket.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:11 am

Empiresk wrote:Ended up selling my Fight Club Pro ticket in Manchester due to a few things popping up last minute that I couldn't avoid.

I had front row and all I wanted to see was Pete Dunne vs Fenix and Penta in person. Penta was "ill" again and never turned up whilst Dunne vs Fenix ended up turning into a three way with Sami Callihan. To say I would have been disappointed with that would have been a huge understatement. Glad I sold the ticket.
I was second row, it was my first FCP show and I was extremely disappointed. Half the matches ended in bullshit finishes or didn't even happen as advertised. And all of them went super short. The Dunne/Fenix/Callihan match went just over 7 minutes. They never explained why Sami was added, apparently all you have to do is run in with a bat and suddenly you're part of a match it seems. We didn't see most of the Gentleman's Club/Moustache Mountain match because it happened mostly backstage. Plus there were technical issues with the mic and the screen all night and everything was super late all night, the doors opened almost an hour late and the intermission almost went an hour too. I spent more time fucking waiting around than watching actual wrestling.

I saw a bunch of people on twitter praising the show and honestly I don't know what they're smoking, the only good thing I can take away from the show is it makes me appreciate other shows I've been to more. All I can assume it they've never been to another wrestling show before or they really want the FCP twitter account to retweet them. I can't speak for the company as a whole because this was my first (and last) show I've seen from them but it certainly didn't give off an excellent impression.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:
Empiresk wrote:Ended up selling my Fight Club Pro ticket in Manchester due to a few things popping up last minute that I couldn't avoid.

I was second row, it was my first FCP show and I was extremely disappointed. Half the matches ended in bullshit finishes or didn't even happen as advertised. And all of them went super short. The Dunne/Fenix/Callihan match went just over 7 minutes. They never explained why Sami was added, apparently all you have to do is run in with a bat and suddenly you're part of a match it seems. We didn't see most of the Gentleman's Club/Moustache Mountain match because it happened mostly backstage. Plus there were technical issues with the mic and the screen all night and everything was super late all night, the doors opened almost an hour late and the intermission almost went an hour too. I spent more time fucking waiting around than watching actual wrestling.

I saw a bunch of people on twitter praising the show and honestly I don't know what they're smoking, the only good thing I can take away from the show is it makes me appreciate other shows I've been to more. All I can assume it they've never been to another wrestling show before or they really want the FCP twitter account to retweet them. I can't speak for the company as a whole because this was my first (and last) show I've seen from them but it certainly didn't give off an excellent impression.

Fight Club Pro's Twitter is the worst Twitter account in wrestling. Retweets everything and just buries their actual announcements. Took me ages to actually find matches that were announced for the show. Glad I sold the ticket as I would never have gotten home with those delays.

I have been to Wolverhampton for shows before but I have accepted their shows being super long, and late, as there is fuck all else to do in Wolverhampton and you have to buy a hotel anyway as you can't escape if you don't drive. One show I went to went like 5 hours and had 2 lengthy intermissions. I did feel it suited their vibe though and will travel down again if they announce some must see names.

If I was there last night and they were running an hour late and they turned the one match I wanted to see into a triple threat that went 7 minutes long I would have just given up and gone home. It sounded horrific.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Between that whole Sami debacle and The Briscoes thing, doesn't sound like it was a fun weekend for those there. FCP, I think, gets by because they are ran by wrestlers who BritWres Twitter likes, and can sometimes do iffy things as long as their favorites, like CCK, are booked. Ain't nothing wrong with any of that either, just a thought.