The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
themib

Re: The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Post by themib » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Fight Club: PRO is back tonight with INTERNATIONAL TEKKERS PART 1: Big Men, Big House (Part 2 is next month) - four matches announced, plus three wrestlers additionally announced...

*British Strong Style vs. Low Ki, Travis Banks & ?
*#CCK vs. Extra Talent-ed
*The World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Barely Legal (Martina the Session Moth & Shay Purser)
*Kyle Fletcher vs. Mark Haskins
*PLUS: Jeff Cobb, Jordan Devlin and Keith Lee

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Cima, Mochizuki and Eita will be wrestling for Fight Club Pro in September. One can only assume it will be the Dragon Gate lads vs British Strong Style.

As a result, it will also be my first Fight Club Pro show.

OI4K will also be on the Saturday,

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:53 am

If you're travelling, please understand the biggest work in wrestling is the end time Fight Club Pro advertises. The friday shows will finish some time after the final trains out of Wolverhampton, and sometimes not until after midnight.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:02 am

Considering how hot the UK has been in the last couple of years, this is a great move. This is also going to be Jack's biggest test to date, so I hope he does well.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 pm

What a match that I didn't know I wanted to see.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Two of UK's biggest DG fans against two of DG's best. Happy for the boys and will definitely want to see how the match turns out.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

Pro Wrestling EVE's SHE-1 Tournament is beginning to take shape with three spots remaining, and they've made an inspired booking in Nicole Matthews, coming over for her first trip to the UK. She joins Emi Sakura, Jetta, Laura Di Matteo, Charlie Morgan, Sammii Jayne (the current EVE Champion), Kay Lee Ray, Nina Samuels and Martina the Session Moth.

There'll be a spot decided in Japan, which I personally hope brings Kris Wolf back, and two more in EVE which get decided on October 6th. The tournament is on November 11th and 12th, round robin three groups of four with a three way one fall final. The winner gets a title shot at EVE's debut at York Hall in March 2018.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Sonny from STARDOM on Wreddit said Kris isn't coming to the UK. But take him with a pinch of salt.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

It looks like Kid Lykos broke something in his arm/wrist last night. One would assume he is missing Fight Club Pro next weekend where he was going up against CIMA and Eita with Brookes. Worst possible timing.

Quick question to the Fight Club Pro attendees, does the paypal receipt count as the ticket to get in the venue?

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am

Quick question to the Fight Club Pro attendees, does the paypal receipt count as the ticket to get in the venue?
Yep!

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Blueisthecolour wrote:
Yep!
Thank you!

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Quick recap of the weekend.

Night One was the best shows I have ever attended live. The venue, atmosphere, presentation for the whole weekend was great. The reveal for the main event on Night One was the coolest thing I have ever seen live at a show. I will describe it in the some spoiler tags below.
► Show Spoiler
The Dragon Gate crew were great. Not many knew who they were in all honesty but they won them over. CIMA, Mochi & Eita vs BSS was the least spotty match of the weekend that confused alot of people I was sat next to as DG has a reputation, but it was great by the end. Eita was arguably the hardest worker of the weekend and had a great match against Chris Brooks and even pulled out the Salamander. Mochi faced Travis Banks what was a dream match on paper but Mochi took very few bumps and it was super short and flat considering I knew Mochi had to win. CIMA was in all out babyface mode and had the crowd in the palm of his hands the entire weekend. CIMA squaring up to Pete Dunne trying to snatch the WWE UK Title from him is my favourite thing of 2017.

This was my first time being exposed to a few of the UK based talent who are bubbling under and the more regular attendees are saying they are about to explode. Aussie Open looked great in the spot fests they were in and I can't wait to see them in a straight up tag match. Dunkzilla has the best piledriver I have ever seen. Millie Mckenzie looked great aswell in the Candice LeRae role considering how new she is.

Omari is the big one I have seen hyped up the most though and jesus was he impressive. He is almost a better babyface than he is a wrestler at this stage, but he already is a fantastic wrestler. His match with Shane Strickland was the best match of the weekend with an awesome dynamic. He is still quite gangly and you can tell he is super young, but once he fills out you can tell he could easily match someone like Strickland or even surpass him and that is what the match was built around.

Plenty of other stood out over the weekend. OI4K were great as you would expect and continued their ridiculously high standards set at PWG, Wrestle Circus and AAW. Shane Strickland continuous to be the most impressive guy on every show I see him at. Jordan Devlin is getting better and better and is so good as a heel.

Definitely will be making another trip to Wolves for Fight Club Pro and maybe there will be one or two guys popping in Japan after this show in the coming months. I caught all the DG guys watching most of the show at the side of the venue..

Stavros

Post by Stavros » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:36 am

It was a good show. The Dragon Gate guys were less well known than I'd hoped, I was one of the ten percent who had been to the DGUK shows and knew the deal but it took the other time to catch on. I would say it was what has become a standard BSS 6 man rather than a Dragon Gate 6 man, after their Elite match and King of Trios I've become quite familiar with their style. Good, not great in this instance. They probably had a couple of KOT matches I liked more.

The main event as an audacious piece of theatre was amazing. The reveal was brilliantly done, I hate death matches so I didn't watch much of the match but it was a definite hit with the live crowd.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am

themib wrote:Pro Wrestling EVE's SHE-1 Tournament is beginning to take shape with three spots remaining, and they've made an inspired booking in Nicole Matthews, coming over for her first trip to the UK. She joins Emi Sakura, Jetta, Laura Di Matteo, Charlie Morgan, Sammii Jayne (the current EVE Champion), Kay Lee Ray, Nina Samuels and Martina the Session Moth.

There'll be a spot decided in Japan, which I personally hope brings Kris Wolf back, and two more in EVE which get decided on October 6th. The tournament is on November 11th and 12th, round robin three groups of four with a three way one fall final. The winner gets a title shot at EVE's debut at York Hall in March 2018.
The last 3 spots went to Viper, Jamie Hayter... and MEIKO SATOMURA. It's going to be some tournament and then some.

In addition, the York Hall show was confirmed for May 5th.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 pm

SPYWARE/POP-UP WARNING - https://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=113008

Mike Johnson:
The long-discussed and planned WWE UK series that would be produced and broadcast by the company is not just being conceptualized as simply a WWE Network exclusive, PWInsider.com has learned.

A source close to the situation has told PWInsider.com that the company has been ramping up pitches to several different UK broadcasters. The pitch revolves around the idea of carrying a WWE UK-centric property that would be produced in Great Britain featuring an all British cast of characters.

The current title for the series, we are told, is WWE King of The Ring. Obviously, that is a repurposing of the title of a tournament that has been around since the late 1980s, initially as an annual special event in the Boston market before graduating into its own PPV event in 1993. The King of the Ring PPV was halted in 2006 but was brought back from time to time as an attraction used to elevate talents to the next level. It was last used in 2015 with Bad News Barrett winning the tournament.

PWInsider.com has also been told that one of the broadcasters WWE is pitching is ITV, which is interesting on a number of levels.

WWE had, over the last several years, attempted to purchase the pro wrestling-related material from old ITV World of Sport library for their own use, without success. World of Sport was a sports anthology series that ran for 20 years on ITV and regularly featured pro wrestling personalities and matches from Europe. When the decision was made in 1985 to cancel the series, it crippled homegrown pro wrestling in that region for several decades until the current rebirth headed by PROGRESS, ICW and IPW-UK, among other promotions.

In 2013, John Chapman licensed and filmed a World of Sport TV pilot that ITV opted not to pick up. The online attention to that pilot led to WWE reaching out to ITV in 2014 to open communications about purchasing the library. The acquisition never went down, but those two events may have led to ITV opting to launch their own pilot taping in 2016.

That pilot aired as a two hour special on New Years Eve 2016 with Jim Ross as one of the lead announcers and producing behind the scenes. The special was designed as a pilot for a potential World of Sport series revival. The special and the potential series revival led to a lot of mainstream media attention in Great Britain.

Anthem Media and Jeff Jarrett came on board after ITV decided to move forward with a ten episode series. Jim Ross left the project and eventually planned tapings earlier this year were canceled due to what was described at the time as logistical issues. Several talents that were scheduled for the World of Sport tapings have since placed the blame on the fact that Jarrett and Anthem were pushing for an ongoing weekly series, while the Network wanted to try out the concept with a 10 episode series, that would be closer in vein to the UK's TV scene, which features much shorter seasons of television series in comparison with the United States. Over seven months later, there has been no movement on the project. If WWE is pitching ITV, the broadcaster is obviously willing to move on from their original plans.

The irony is ITV's original plans to move forward with a series led to WWE speeding up their own plans to launch their own WWE UK-centric brand. That brand kicked off with two day live tournament broadcast on the WWE Network in January 2017 and the signing of former ROH champion Nigel McGuinness as an announcer. Those WWE UK Championship broadcasts introduced WWE fans to a plethora of UK-centric wrestlers, including Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Wolfgang, among others. Since those specials, those talents have appeared on WWE European tour dates as well as WWE NXT TV tapings and Takeover specials.

Talks of the UK brand launching as a series had quieted down in recent months, especially after WWE signed deals with PROGRESS Wrestling and ICW to bring those promotions to the planned (but still yet to launch) WWE Network tiered-system. Those plans and talks, however, are obviously still continuing.

If, when and where WWE King of the Ring launches still remains to be seen.