The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
dancecab

Re: The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Post by dancecab » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:43 pm

edit: posting in WCPW thread

themib

Post by themib » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 pm

The first Lucha Forever show is on FloSlam on Monday, looks a decent lineup...

*LUCHA FOREVER CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Shane Strickland vs. Travis Banks
*Sami Callihan vs. Will Ospreay
*Alex Windsor vs. Toni Storm
*#CCK (Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos) & Damian Dunne vs. Bea Priestley, Drew Parker & El Ligero
*FIVE WAY MATCH: Ryan Smile vs. Kip Sabian vs. Kelly Sixx vs. Ashley Dunn vs. Connor Mills
*Nixon Newell in action
*DARK MATCH: Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate

Obvious reasons why Dunne and Bate are off (Bate is replacing Ricochet) - Callihan/Ospreay and Banks/Strickland should be really good, and I think Storm can carry Windsor to a pretty good match.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 pm

This weekend is looking rather ridiculous for uk and Ireland graps, this, rev pro, ott and the fight club run should all be pretty good. The fight club night one card (which I will be at) looks like one of the strongest cards we're going to see all year with 5 of the 7 matches in with a chance for MOTN in my opinion. And when one of the matches I'm discounting has zack and marty in it you know the card is stacked!

With the two flo shows and rev pro aiming to have their shows up Saturday it's also more accessible than ever, and the third weekend filled with great graps in a row... What a time!

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm at the Lucha Forever debut. Normally I'd be stoked at the line up, but I'm at Fight Club for the BSS/Elite match a few nights prior, so it's hard to even remember I've got anything past that. Really hoping it takes off.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Padje wrote:I'm at the Lucha Forever debut. Normally I'd be stoked at the line up, but I'm at Fight Club for the BSS/Elite match a few nights prior, so it's hard to even remember I've got anything past that. Really hoping it takes off.
They're certainly giving it an ambitious start - not surprising given who's involved - but I'm optimistic. Friends in the right places will definitely come in handy, and I've got tickets to the London and Southampton shows next month which both look great.

I keep forgetting I have IPW:UK on Monday. Great card but I should really remember that I'm supposed to be being careful with money right now. Sigh.

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Heading to my first "proper" BritWres shows this weekend. RevPro at York Hall on Thursday, then Fight Club on Sunday night. Both shows should be banging, and I'm pretty fired-up. We only ever get the local tinpot indie and a WWE house show ever 2-3 years up here in Aberdeen, so this opportunity doesn't come around too often.

Can't wait to see Kenny & the Bucks on Thursday, and Marty and Zack on both nights.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Who is running Lucha Forever if anyone knows? I assume it is an active wrestler going by the wink-wink nudge-nudge of their Twitter account.

Very interesting idea and looks to be well funded considering the talent. Will look to go the Liverpool show once they announce a full card.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Ryan Smile I assume.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 pm

JB Gremlin wrote:Ryan Smile I assume.
Yep, him and Will Ospreay. Think Alex Windsor is also involved in the running of it.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm

This weekend was an absolutely ridiculous one for British and Irish wrestling, Fight Club Pro in Wolves on Friday night was comfortably the best show I've ever seen live with all but one match getting a live ****+ feeling from me, just great wrestling up and down the card! I've also since caught up with Rev Pro, Lucha Forever and OTT's main event. Once I get the rest of the OTT card done and the other two fight club shows come out I will probably have more ****+ matches than mania weekend, which shows how hot the scene is in general right now.

Last year over the Easter weekend I had a ridiculously fun time at the HOPE Kings of Flight tournament, this year topped it with FCP and The Elite tour. If it becomes a strong weekend again next year who needs to spend all that money flying to Mania when you can get all this great stuff on your doorstep?

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 am

JB Gremlin wrote:This weekend was an absolutely ridiculous one for British and Irish wrestling, Fight Club Pro in Wolves on Friday night was comfortably the best show I've ever seen live with all but one match getting a live ****+ feeling from me, just great wrestling up and down the card! I've also since caught up with Rev Pro, Lucha Forever and OTT's main event. Once I get the rest of the OTT card done and the other two fight club shows come out I will probably have more ****+ matches than mania weekend, which shows how hot the scene is in general right now.

Last year over the Easter weekend I had a ridiculously fun time at the HOPE Kings of Flight tournament, this year topped it with FCP and The Elite tour. If it becomes a strong weekend again next year who needs to spend all that money flying to Mania when you can get all this great stuff on your doorstep?
I feel like Wrestlemania is probably on another level to the point it's tough to compare the two, but I definitely wouldn't have any issue next year with doing 16 Carat, DTTI and SSS16 rather than flying out to NOLA.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 pm

More problems for PCW in Liverpool - this time they were informed by Fusion two or three days before the show that the venue was double booked with a boxing event, leading to Fludder to have to move a full card to the PCW Academy in Preston and shell out a tonne of refunds. This one was fairly big with Angelico and Jack Evans on the show. Really poor form here from Fusion.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Pro Wrestling EVE are holding a title tournament on their May 20th and 21st shows, as Rhia O'Reilly has had to vacate the title due to breaking her leg a month ago. It'll be a 16 woman tournament with 8 first round matches on the Saturday, then two four way matches and a final on the Sunday to crown the new champion. Since EVE launched in 2010, only six women have been champion (Britani Knight (aka Paige), Jenny Sjodin, Alpha Female, Nikki Storm (Cross), Emi Sakura and Rhia O'Reilly) - mainly because of the hiatus they took for a good couple of years in the middle. Should be a good quality tournament at the Resistance Gallery.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:26 am

Fun debut show for Battle Pro Wrestling in my home town of Sydenham last night, they drew close to 200 fans for a card mostly featuring ProJo talent, plus the London Riots, RJ Singh and Darrell Allen. The next show is on June 9th, will be interesting to see if they slowly bring names in to help out the young talent.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu May 04, 2017 11:38 am

The DVD of Fight Club Pro's Good Friday show has got The Elite vs BSS match on it. (not sure about vimeo)