The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
suplexberry

Re: The BritWres thread (Big Daddy for HoF)

Post by suplexberry » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Has Fight Club Pro officially given up on VOD? I understand it not being a necessary expense for them or even a huge source of revenue, but as a non-UK based fan it is disheartening.

Well, at least I still have ATTACK's vimeo archives.

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:57 pm

suplexberry wrote:Has Fight Club Pro officially given up on VOD? I understand it not being a necessary expense for them or even a huge source of revenue, but as a non-UK based fan it is disheartening.

All The Best went up on their Vimeo page a few days ago, and they acknowledged the delay on Twitter. Not sure what happened there, but glad they haven't canned VOD.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 pm

G-Man finished editing that show surely after it happened, but it took Fight Club: PRO another few weeks to upload it. I think it may have been them trying to get legal advice on featuring the WWE UK guys (which ATTACK fell foul of recently with matches including Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews).

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:20 pm

suplexberry wrote:Has Fight Club Pro officially given up on VOD? I understand it not being a necessary expense for them or even a huge source of revenue, but as a non-UK based fan it is disheartening.

Within a few days of saturday's show Chris Brookes had already uploaded a clip to twitter which had been edited and tagged with the logo, so it looks like the show will be knocked out right quick.

Padje

Post by Padje » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:49 am

They're up already!

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Nice, that's my weekend sorted. So happy I can keep following this from my home sofa.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:42 pm

That Mikey Whiplash vs Jimmy Havoc match at Fight Club: Pro Rise Against was ...very unique. Holy shit.

I really liked the Nixon vs Chris Brookes match, and the main event was an absolute car crash, though a very enjoyable one.

I struggle to come up with a stronger connection between wrestler and a particular audience than Banks and FCP audience. Sheer magic.

Padje

Post by Padje » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:36 am

suplexberry wrote:That Mikey Whiplash vs Jimmy Havoc match at Fight Club: Pro Rise Against was ...very unique. Holy shit.

I really liked the Nixon vs Chris Brookes match, and the main event was an absolute car crash, though a very enjoyable one.

I struggle to come up with a stronger connection between wrestler and a particular audience than Banks and FCP audience. Sheer magic.
I think it's because he feels like 'ours'. It used to be the same with Trent Seven.

I'm gonna watch Rise Against this week. I won't be watching First Female, as I don't watch shows back if I was at them. I'll just live wondering if the announcer calling me Brian Blessed made tape.

VonLInus

Post by VonLInus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 am

I saw you when Nixon was suplexed onto the jellybeans. Shameful displays of padjery.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Nixon just wrestled Candice - at IPW:UK on April 30th, she gets the other half of the World's Cutest Tag Team...

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Finished First Female of Fight Club Pro. Both this and Rise Against were good top to bottom, with great variety. I was a bit skeptical on whether I'd like Session Moth Martina since descriptions of her gimmick made it sound iffy but I pretty much loved her from the get-go. The comedy match at First Female was pretty bonkers.

Ospreay/Haskins vs Moustache Mountain was one of those tag matches I liked a lot, but I wasn't in the mood for its style on the particular night I sat down to watch it. Plus Ospreay's banter wore thin pretty quick, and I had to remind myself of all the reasons I like him a lot.

But god that main event. Perfect encapsulation of how you can throw every twist into a match but if the story and the character's journey have you hooked, all that extra nonsense just makes it more awesome. It was a rollercoaster ride. Loved it.

I know it's not the cheapest storyline to invest in the days of ~10 dollar subscription services but I still feel like I more than got my money's worth with every chapter of this Travis Banks storyline. I would highly recommend it, in case my twelve thousand posts about it haven't already made that clear.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:33 am

So:

ICW (&PROGRESS) to WWE Network?
Grado to ITV
Drew to NXT

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:46 am

Should WWE rent or buy the black cab and red phone box now?

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:09 am

rovert wrote:Should WWE rent or buy the black cab and red phone box now?
Right about now I imagine at least half of the WWEUK contracted guys have it tattooed onto their arm, like a weird Britwres Dark Mark that summons them to Orlando whenever William Regal touches his.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 am

Shame they didn't put Tyler against Lorcan on 205.