PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: PROGRESS Thread: The Fake Taxi of Wrestling

Post by PKThree » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Demand Progress now works on both PS4 and Xbox1 through the in console browsers.
If you have either console you no longer need a chromecast or similar to watch on your TV.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 pm

The second Manchester match is being announced on Thursday. Guessing another dream match, as I think they'll want to save both title matches until after this Sunday in Camden.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 pm

PKThree wrote:Demand Progress now works on both PS4 and Xbox1 through the in console browsers.
If you have either console you no longer need a chromecast or similar to watch on your TV.
I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck on ps4? As far as I've tried so far I just get the pivotshare spinning circle as if it's loading and nothing else.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Blueisthecolour wrote:
PKThree wrote:Demand Progress now works on both PS4 and Xbox1 through the in console browsers.
I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck on ps4? As far as I've tried so far I just get the pivotshare spinning circle as if it's loading and nothing else.
Same here.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:41 pm

PKThree wrote:
Blueisthecolour wrote:
Same here.
Ditto

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:49 am

Same with my PS4. Has anyone out there been successful?

(for what it's worth, the same day PROGRESS announced the availability on PS4 and XBOX One, ICW announced their network was now available on WiiU and XBOX One. They both use Pivotshare, so maybe PROGRESS just got a bit mixed up and it's not ready yet? I hope so, as up till now I've been watching it on my work PC)

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:41 am

I tweeted Progress about it but have received no answer so far. Will keep you guys posted if they respond.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Now that I'm caught up with this promotion, can finally jump on this thread and not be afraid of spoilers. PROGRESS has been a very fun find; I had a few sick days off work last week thanks to a cold and began watching thanks to the 99cents offer, figured if I didn't get into it after an event or two, I could just cancel and not have invested much. I ended up burning through every Chapter from 9 to 22 in about ten days and now I'm going through chapters 1-8. It was just so easy to fall into, kind of like binging on a TV show, where you can get invested in the characters, enjoy the long-term story telling as well as the occasional guest stars who pop in and out of the bigger stories. I grew up watching British shows on my country's television so the accents weren't a problem.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the next 2 years some British TV channel offered them a deal. The way Chapter 22 was shot and lit was noticeably better than previous shows, and the way this promotion is developing on that front is very promising. It's not there yet, obviously, and I could nitpick the hell out of soundmixing and commentary but the potential is there.

Obviously it introduced me better to a lot of talent I had just glad glimpses of previously (PWG and some EVOLVE). I love all the main guys; Havoc is amazing, Ospreay is such a promising talent already performing at a high level, love Haskins, Scurll is awesome, Noam Dar is fun, End is great, the visits from ZSJ are always welcome and I have to give major props to GZRS for going all in on their gimmick ("sold more shirts than taken bumps"). I also look forward to seeing more of the women they have training at the ProJo - Jinny vs Polyanna at Chapter 19 was one of those matches that told a good story despite the fact it was easy to "see the seams" of two pretty green wrestlers working together (like when you see the opponent aiding somebody in a kickout, always makes me cringe a bit).

I'd say in general it's been solid matches heightened by some fantastic stories around them. I loved the course correction they did on the Faceless becoming The Origin to take advantage of Nathan Cruz's fantastic ability to annoy the audience, I really liked the concise way in which they built up the Stixx vs RJ Singh retirement angle, and just about everything about the Regression vs PROGRESS/Ospreay story delivered. These days one of the things that matters more to me than 5 star matches or who gets pushed is being able to trust in a promotion enough to get invested in whatever storylines they want to tell, as opposed to distancing myself because I've been burned by the promotion one too many times by getting invested and then getting disappointed or annoyed. PROGRESS has shown themselves to be one of those promotions where I can get invested and trust them to take me on that ride. Like when Marty Scurll keeps losing I'm bummed out but I know it'll figure into his future in this company so I keep watching, and it pays off two chapters later in a pretty fun, logical heel turn.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Final first round match in the Natural Progression Series will be in Manchester - Kyle Ashmore vs. the debuting Ashton Smith.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Recap of the Ospreay/Andrews rivalry in PROGRESS heading into Sunday's main event.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Got a reply from Progress today regarding demand not working on PS4. They said it worked for them and suggested updating the browser. Anyone got an idea of how to do that or if it is doable?

themib

Post by themib » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Would the system update not update the browser as well? Tried looking on Google, didn't give me any real answers.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:01 pm

themib wrote:Would the system update not update the browser as well? Tried looking on Google, didn't give me any real answers.
That was my initial thought as well (and it is correct, browser is updated when the software is updated). Progress reply to that was "It works for some, it doesn't work for some. Nothing we can do about it" basically.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:37 am

Well as far as that goes I've not seen one person on the official progress Facebook/Twitter or the 'progress wrestling fans' FB group say that they've got it working.

wac

Post by wac » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:28 pm

For whatever reason when I tried watching Demand Progress in Chrome on my Macbook the stream was very choppy, but it looks fine now that I'm mirroring it from my iPhone to my Apple TV. It's pretty annoying that if I want to watch Progress or NJPW on my TV I have to mirror it from my phone but a lot of that is Apple's fault too.