PROGRESS Wrestling (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Padje

Re: Rob's Guide on How to Progress through PROGRESS

Post by Padje » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 am

Oli Court wrote:Judging by various tweets today, Jimmy Havoc is bound for America, and most probably NXT. If Chapter 21 was his last PROGRESS show, that match with Robinson was an incredible and emotional send off.
I followed it yesterday. It started when both GZRS wished him well for the future, then Leva Bates said something about maybe seeing him a lot, and it snowballed from there.

I'd love to see Jimmy in NXT and will miss him in Fight Club, PROGRESS and Southside, but I'm hesitant to believe it when the genesis of the story was tweets from two renowned piss-takers.

David Starsky

Post by David Starsky » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:44 am

Sunday felt like a send off for him anyway. Shake hands with the promoter, lose to elevate someone, standing ovation etc. Good luck to him, good to see more and more European representation in the US.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks to Havoc, The GZRS and Kris Travis, looks like THE FAMOUS ARTIST ILYASS might be doing match graphics for a future PROGRESS show.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:39 am

Confirmed piss take.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Very scary moment at ENDVR today. Rob Lynch landed awkwardly on his head and left shoulder on a German Suplex by Pastor William Eaver, and they had to stop the tag team match. He was down for half an hour whilst paramedics were treating him. Thankfully it doesn't appear to be anything more than a sore shoulder and a massive headache, but the staff and medics couldn't be too careful in that situation.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:40 pm

https://youtu.be/VOW-N6E_uyY

Well up for this match.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Pollyanna & Toni Storm vs. Elizabeth & Jinny at ENDVR:13 on November 1st.

DEMAND PROGRESS has Chapter 21 up now.

Padje

Post by Padje » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 pm

themib wrote:
DEMAND PROGRESS has Chapter 21 up now.
With commentary, unfortunately. Not to write Joseph and Singh off before I've really listened to them, but watching the last chapter without commentary was so much nicer, being much more like the shows I go to every few weeks, letting the wrestling speak for itself.

Actually I'm now watching the first match on Chapter 21 and I can't hear Glen Joseph very well.

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:38 pm

I don't think I've seen a better PROGRESS show than Chapter 21. SSS16 Night 1 was solid up and down, with a nice main, but the top 4 matches of this show were all great main events in their own right. Plus being live at that show makes it harder to judge against ones I'm watching on a screen.

This is the first time I've seen Jack Gallagher's gimmick progression, and I'm not sure it's working. The slick-back, tall socks and 'Gentleman' monicker suit the 20s throwback pugilist-shooter thing he was doing before, but aren't meshing right with the new music and the leopard skin trunks that imply he's a circus strong man. The moustache works for both. It's a gimmick Tyler Bate is already doing better without having to over-egg the pudding - Bate being so short but so well built adds the air of comical credibility to the character, whereas Gallagher is just a mess. He's a good wrestler but he needs to choose one or the other.
► Show Spoiler

btw Chapter 21 with no commentary is now on PROGRESS demand, for guys like me who like to watch matches without hearing RJ Singh describe Eddie Dennis as being '6 foot tall!'. I found this out half way through the show, so I was good for the killer matches.

BrianB1027

Post by BrianB1027 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I loved Chapter 21 and I absolutely cannot wait for the main event of 22. Those guys had such a great match a few chapters ago and now in the main event I think it's going to be even better.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Half way through Chapter 21 and I find myself saying I love progress. Chapter 20 was my first show and it's been pretty much love at first site. Honestly it's up there with NJPW and ROH for required watching right now. I need to go back and watch everything but honestly I'm finding so much enjoyment from the product. From the wrestlers to the storylines to just the feel of the production and event structure, it all has really won me over pretty instantly. I mean I really enjoyed the Rev Pro that I watched this year but the whole package of Progress stole my heart.

Honestly it also is further cementing the notion that Will Osprey is the shit. He's become the breakout star in wrestling for me in 2015.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm

PROGRESS are doing Season Tickets for their Electric Ballroom shows in 2016, ranging from £264 for front row (£24 x 11 shows) to £154 for standing (£14 x 11 shows). It'll be for half the allocation, so up to 350 season tickets are on offer. They'll be on sale for two weeks from November 16th. PROGRESS' social media has more info.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:39 pm

As an interesting note, PROGRESS have put out an announcement that they are going to be selling up to half of the ticket allocation for next years (11) chapter shows as season tickets this November. Thoughts? Myself I just wish I had the money and guarantee that I could get someone to go to every show with me. As is I think I'll be sticking to going show by show.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:19 am

They'd had complaints from the regulars about the stress of trying to get tickets every time, so I guess this is their way of alleviating that.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Robareid wrote:They'd had complaints from the regulars about the stress of trying to get tickets every time, so I guess this is their way of alleviating that.
It's a smart way of doing things. You have your die hard that will attend every show. Hopefully it's not just all front row though cause that would kinda suck for the people who are outsiders and want to get into the promotion. I'm half contemplating going to London next year for a couple weeks so I may end up scheduling my trip around a progress show like I did for BOLA

What show do you suggest is the best start point. I dunno if I can watch everything from the beginning so I need a couple shows sooner and then I'll go back to chapter 1 when I have more time.